I just finished refurbishing the stove vent hood on the GT this weekend. I found it interesting that where the vent went through the inner skin was very snug, but, the outer skin had a gap of almost 3/8 of an inch where the cap screen sat under the vent cover. In addition the cover had been cracked where the awning had pushed against it for years.
I figured this was too much for any sealer to fill properly so I cut and fit a thin piece of aluminum sheet from the hardware store to fit tightly around the screen and under the lip of the vent cover.
Probably shoud have taken a few pics to illustrate what I did.
AirForums # 2806
WBCCI / VAC # 6411
Not All Who Wander Are Lost.
Avid supporter of trailing edge technology.