Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Exterior Restoration Forum > Leaks - Weatherstrips, Gaskets, Caulks & Sealants
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-20-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
Hunting for this hatch gasket type.

After hours of searching and a bunch of phone calls...

This is the existing extruded foam gasket from my refrigerator access hatch. Nice positive snug fit and holds hatch perfectly alligned and centered with a nice positive locking compression.

Someone already sold me the part I'm unhappy with so please don't suggest using the two lipped window gasket since that's what PO's used and got this AS in such bad shape. It simply does not meet flanges. With interior mostly stripped there is daylight pouring through hatches that used the twin flange window style.

I need about 25 feet but would be happy to buy wholesale, whatever, I need to make this happen.

Thanks!

Old 09-20-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
Silver Mist

Currently Looking...
Riverhead , New York
I guess if you wip out a caliper you're getting serious

How about some of these

LI Pets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2006, 03:40 PM   #3
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Have you tried Vintage Trailer Supply? If they don't have it in stock, they may help you find it. I've heard that they go out of thier way to do things like that. I've ordered a couple of regular stock items from them and was very pleased with the service. Good folks.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 08:00 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
Over 30 megabytes downloaded from looking through online selections!

I sure need this gasket, winter is almost here - any and all help is appreciated y'all!!

Lipets
: No sir, true serious scrounging requires a caliper that 1) cost more than $5, and 2) measures to three decimal places... (love the Harbour freight e-mail coupons)

Thank you for the link - I studied all pages but did not find my gasket.

Jim & Susan: I will e-mail Vintage supply the photo and see what is what.
Old 09-22-2006, 07:54 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1973 27' Overlander
Currently Looking...
Jupiter , Florida
First, call it seasonal affective disorder if you want to, but I'm saddened my 1st choice of AS dealers (online) did not adequately forfill my request for a gasket set. Order was placed 14 August and this just gets added to all the other hassles of daily living: my AS is still not protected after trying to be ready with the correct parts when I was ready to do the work...

-----------------------------------------------------
Vintage responded:
Give a call to your favorite Airstream Dealer's parts department and tell them what you are looking for. I'm pretty sure they'll be able to sell it to you. If not, I'll look into having it made again.
Airstream Technical Support responded to my email:
THANKS FOR THE PICTURES, WE HAVE A COMPARTMENT DOOR GASKET #365035, THIS SHOULD WORK BETTER THAN THE GASKET YOU CURRENTLY HAVE ON IT. YOU CAN CONTACT AN AIRSTREAM DEALER FOR THE PRICE AND THIS IS SOLD PER FOOT. THANKS, KAREN AIRSTREAM PARTS.

And so its' an hours drive to look and see what gasket #365035 is...Thanks for letting me vent a little bit
Old 09-24-2006, 08:30 PM   #6
Remember, Safety Third

1973 27' Overlander
Catfish Corners , Georgia
Hey Wabbit, why don't you call the local Airstream dealer and see if they'll send you a one inch piece of Part # 365035 (or whatever they think will work). Beats the heck out of burning all of that expensive gas.

Hang in there, I've been searching for a particular type of L.E.D light for a couple of weeks now. It'll turn up sooner or later.

Jim

www.nesa.org
Air No. 6427
Jim & Susan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2006, 08:57 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
I'd really question whether Shorewood would even stock it -- but worth Jim's suggestion to call. My opinion is that they aren't real motivated to help if they don't have it.

I'll bet Oasis RV, the Airstream dealer in Tucson, has it in stock and I have experienced how wonderful they are to deal with over the phone. They communicate very well, are totally Airstream focused, and very customer oriented. I'll bet they'd be able to know what you want from the part number and could have a sample to you inside a week. Their prices are also as good as they get. 1-800-658-5863 and ask for the parts department.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote