Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by soldiermedic View Post
While I have heard many people try this method, the leaf blower as far too small to provide enough pressure inside the trailer for an extended period of time. The best way is to use a Seal Tech 430 R, which is what I use, and what most dealers use. It does find the leaks, and the fan is powerful enough that I have pressurized 34 footers without problem.

Steve

I used the leaf blower on my 34 footer also mine just happens to be floating. No doubt in my mind that dedicated equipment will do a better job, but if you don't have a Seal Tech 430 R in your garage you may have to borrow a additional Black and Decker leaf blower from guy next door. Just saying. It is funny most of the sailboat guys are worried about to much pressure, but if a leaf blower can blow up my boat I don't think I want to be on the water in it.

If you do want to try the leaf blower do some searching and you will find may instances where it has worked. Of course as all things on the internet do at your own risk.
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 09:02 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2012 28' International
Currently Looking...
New Orleans , Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverCottage View Post
Can we see pictures? I'd rather test my unit once per year without having to pay the dealer to do it.
I don't have the pictures of my boat during leak testing but this is where I learned of the the method.

Sailboat Hull and Deck Rep
air - Google Books
1968 Globetrotter Sold
2011 F150 Ecoboost
Jim Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 08:03 PM   #23
2 Rivet Member

1972 29' Ambassador
Fort McCoy , Florida
Wet frame cross member. Rusting!

We have had some big rain. I am generally dry in my 72 Ambassador 29. Tonite, looking for raccoons, I put a light under the coach and noticed a wet cross member that is part of the middle section where the holding tank is. I drained the holding tank it was air tight and seemed leak free. My AC is the actual Dayton from 1972 that vents water underneath the coach and is dripping fine. Now what could be causing the wet crossmember? Maybe the Dometic's small drain? I remved the clearcoat and have buffed about 80% of the trailer. I think, I must have a water runway from a seam that ends up on this crossmember. It is still solid, but I full-time and there is concern. ANY IDEAS?. I have ruled out the sink. One of my Vista windows has a leak that has to drip between the walls and may gather at the crossmember, but it must travel down to the main frame and over to the center. I did notice losing vulkem when I used the clearcoat remover. I am rambling, but I thought everything was dry underneath. I am raised on nice concrete pads and supported according to suggertions of the Guru's of this group. Help! This crossmember forms a box with the axles in the center with the freshwater holding tanks. My rear cross member is dry. It has to be the vista window leak migrating to the bottom center. I am going to have to get this attended to before the integrity is effected. Comments please-Mrwaterway
Mrwaterway is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leaf blower, leaks