Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2016, 02:43 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1995 34' Excella
Dalton , Georgia
Help with unwanted Water!

Hello all!

I have not been very active on the forum in a while and sorry about that. We have a 1995 34' Excella Classic with either a couple of leaks or a single leak that is showing up in a couple of places. The first area is the flooring in the rear of the trailer. When you access the rear compartment the rotted area extends to about half way inside or midways of the Bed. The other area of concern is the floor at the bottom of the corner cabinet/drawer on the street side. This is the reason I think both areas of concern may be coming from the same leak. I have concluded it is from the Rain and not leaking water lines. Last outing of last season we had rain, before winterizing the trailer at the end of our stay, both areas were wet. Our trailer is being kept at Top of Georgia Airstream Park at the present. We moved the trailer at the end of last season right across the street so the area we had been parked in could be winterized. We just returned last Sunday from a week at the Top. When we first arrived I checked the rear compartment flooring and the carpet in the bedroom at the bottom of the Cabinet/drawer and both were dry. I then hooked up the city water and we remained dry all week, including heavy rain at times on Friday. I have already sealed the top rub rail, top of the marker lights and attempted to seal the Tail lights as well. I also tried sealing the gap between the Bumper and the shell, ours has the pull out storage compartment for sewer hoses,etc. If anyone who has a 34' or same designed trailer has ever experienced leaks in these areas could shed some light on this, I would be forever grateful. Pressurizing the trailer is not an option at this time and I want to try and locate the source before repairing the bad flooring. It may also be possible that the tongue of the trailer is slightly higher now than where we were set up last season, but I leveled the trailer when we switched spots at the end of last season. Thank you in advance for all input regarding this matter.

Regards Eric
WBCCI # 7096
falcon-N-Air is offline   Reply With Quote