Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2018, 08:45 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Victoria , British Columbia
Help finding leak

We have a very small interior water leak that is dripping from the door side edge of the over bed cabinet, falling onto the bedside tabletop. It is a very small leak, whereby a full day of heavy rain will produce less than a shot glass of water. As it is higher than the windows, it must be coming from the roof area. I have checked all the caulking, and there does not appear to be any issues. I have recaulked around the marker lights, but that has not solved the problem. Iíve also pulled the interior AC intakes and vents, and those areas are dry. Out of desperation, I am wondering if the Airstream letters on the rear exterior are glued on, or are they attached with a pin that inserts through a hole in the skin for each letter? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Camr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:27 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1996 25' Excella
Tillsonburg , Ontario
Double check the AC seal to the roof
I had a leak under the drip pan due to the AC being hit. Eater showed up over the stove. I just caulked heavily under the pan to correct the problem.
JCW
JCWDCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:30 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1994 34' Excella
Warren , Manitoba
The letters are glued on. Check around the roof vent for loose or bad caulking. You possibly have a rivet leaking, and Captain Tolley's creeping crack cure is the solution for that. Also check the caulking around vent stacks. I have also found leaks where the awning mounts to the body. Happy hunting!! Chris
ACI #7394
2012 GMC 2500 HD Duramax Denali
1976 31' Gone but fondly remembered
1976 22' Argosy
Hensley Hitch
CBWELL is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:31 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Gresham , Oregon
Help Finding Leak

Make sure you have sealed the marker lights all the way around. Also, check the marker lights to determine if they are taking in water through the lens. You will be able to see the water inside the lens if it is taking in water. Once inside the water will be able to enter the trailer through the screw holes and the holes where the wires pass. I had to seal the lenses using a clear caulk. I plan on changing the marker lights to LEDS which should seal better than the old ones. Hope this helps.
skido23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:44 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Southlake , Texas
Get a small suction cup and check all rivets. If the cup doesn’t hold suction, you have a leak. Seal with Capt Tollys.
Bgibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 10:37 AM   #6
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camr View Post
We have a very small interior water leak that is dripping from the door side edge of the over bed cabinet, falling onto the bedside tabletop. It is a very small leak, whereby a full day of heavy rain will produce less than a shot glass of water. As it is higher than the windows, it must be coming from the roof area. I have checked all the caulking, and there does not appear to be any issues. I have recaulked around the marker lights, but that has not solved the problem. Iíve also pulled the interior AC intakes and vents, and those areas are dry. Out of desperation, I am wondering if the Airstream letters on the rear exterior are glued on, or are they attached with a pin that inserts through a hole in the skin for each letter? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Camr,*

We're sorry to learn about the leak you are having. If you need assistance, please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*