Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2018, 04:30 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' International
Olympia , Washington
Glue leak work done under warranty

Hi everyone - does this sound right: in 2013, I had airstream NW in Covington fix and deal with 3 small glue leaks around the windows of my 2012 international.

They did this work under warranty. Fast fwd to 2018 and the glue leaks are back around the same windows.

When I checked with AS NW, they are saying that I am too far past warranty for them to fix for free again.

Does that sound right? Thanks!
Kellerzal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellerzal View Post
Hi everyone - does this sound right: in 2013, I had airstream NW in Covington fix and deal with 3 small glue leaks around the windows of my 2012 international.

They did this work under warranty. Fast fwd to 2018 and the glue leaks are back around the same windows.

When I checked with AS NW, they are saying that I am too far past warranty for them to fix for free again.

Yes, warranties are not "perpetual" meaning that if you have warranty work done in the warranty period, it does not extend your warranty.
billrector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:54 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
I think your thread title is unfair to Airstream.
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 04:57 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' International
Olympia , Washington
Glue leak work done under warranty

Thanks Bill - They told me it would be good to go from that point on, for the life of the trailer. A one time only needed fix. Oh well, onto the next thing...
Old 01-19-2018, 05:00 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' International
Olympia , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by majorairhead View Post
I think your thread title is unfair to Airstream.

Changed it
Old 01-19-2018, 05:09 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2019 30' International
Pennsylvania , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Thanks Bill - should have gotten rid of it after AS said that they fixed the issue. They told me it would be good to go from that point on, for the life of the trailer. Ugh
If you were given a lifetime warranty on the work done, in writing, then you'd have an argument for sure, in my opinion.

Maybe describe the exact issue a bit more, some of these folks round here might be able to help you out on fixing the situation on your own.

I didn't mean to sound coarse in my first reply, it's just that I've seen Airstream step up on several occasions to address warranty issues folks have posted up on this website. They just go right in to the thread and request that the owner contact them.
majorairhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 05:12 PM   #7
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:

First - sorry. I wish owning an RV were trouble free but it's no different than the rest of life. Great joys, some bummers....glad for the former, sorry for the latter.

Second - being repaired under warranty, I would only expect a "re-do" if it failed within 2 years after the repair. You're well past that stage and stuff happens. So yes, it sounds right to me that you're on your own at this point.

Third - I had my first round of warranty repairs done at the factory. Pain in the butt for me to go from New England to Ohio but the dealer where I bought was just not best prepared to do much more than sales (they are no longer an AS dealer...). It's well worth the trip in my opinion. So I'd offer to anyone under warranty - put a punch list together over your first 9-12 months and take it to the mothership for warranty repairs. They'll do it right. And even if something goes wrong (see my thread on my emergency exit door installation) they'll make it right in time.

Find a fix and get back out there! [emoji3]

Happy camping and good luck!
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 04:23 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2016 28' International
Sioux Falls , SD
All warranty work is "limited" unless in writing.
We (RV owners) also have a great deal of preventive maintenance to do. Each year before Spring trips and in Fall there should be a thorough inspection of all possible leak areas top to bottom. It seems extreme but it can save many headaches later. Good luck.
DBinSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:03 PM   #9
Rivet Master

Kensington , Maryland
Sorry for your troubles. Suggest you start a new thread with a couple pics. I think this might not be hard to D.I.Y fix.
Too tall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 06:29 PM   #10
2 Rivet Member

2012 25' International
Olympia , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Too tall View Post
Sorry for your troubles. Suggest you start a new thread with a couple pics. I think this might not be hard to D.I.Y fix.

Will do soon - thx everyone! This forum is so awesome, full of great people
Old 01-20-2018, 10:39 PM   #11
Classy Roscoe

There is a 6 year warranty available thru Airstream Adventures NW.

When we bought Roscoe (31’ 2017 Classic ) I also bought the 6 year extended warranty. It cost 3,500.00, but it covers it all. This is in extension to the 2 year AS warranty. Contact AANW in Covington. Won’t help your current issue, but it sure as hell will help going forward.

Batteries and other consumables are not covered and you still have to make an effort to do your annuals but I am one of those idiots that buys insurance in hopes of never using it. But if I don’t buy it, I wished I had.

Spring is upon us soon.

Safe travels.
Jekerrville is offline   Reply With Quote