Finally found that leak
After several months of chasing a leak
In the roof of our 1992 excella, I finally discovered the place.
Along the way I have found a method for finding possible future leaks and, fwiw, thought I would share it.
After recaulking around the bedroom ceiling vent/fan and the waste tank vents, still had moisture running down the inner frame and soaking the floor along the side wall.
The only place I hadnít really considered a leak to be, was the riveted seamline along the roof that runs front to back of the trailer.
I wasnít excited about drilling out and replacing a plethora of rivets based on a guess, so I grabbed a small ball pein hammer and lightly tapped along the rivet line in the area in question.
What I found was water drops and bubbles coming from the joint line when I tapped the seam.
The leak was confirmed.
After removing 10-12 rivets and cleaning the seam, I recaulked the seam with trempro vulkem sealant and replaced the rivets.
After 2 down pours here in Oregon, the leak appears to be fixed!
The only disappointing revelation was the lack of original sealant in the rivet seam to begin with.
"The significant problems we face cannot be solved at the same level
of thinking that created them." -Albert Einstein