Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2020, 07:15 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1970 23' Safari
2005 30' Classic
1986 31' Sovereign
Lorain , Ohio
ACRYL-R Pump?

Today I rec'd my order of sealant and pump. The pump didn't have instruction. I thought I assembled it correctly, but it's not pumping.

I've repeatedly squeezed the trigger, but no joy. It almost sounds like something isn't sealed inside the can. Looks like I'm going to have to take it out and clean it up to try again. What a mess!

Any expert advise?
Proud Member of the Wally Byam Airstream Club #24260

www.campnova.com

The “Ohio Airstreamer -- Informal forum for weekend camping” thread.
DanB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:06 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Bullhead City , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanB View Post
Today I rec'd my order of sealant and pump. The pump didn't have instruction. I thought I assembled it correctly, but it's not pumping.

I've repeatedly squeezed the trigger, but no joy. It almost sounds like something isn't sealed inside the can. Looks like I'm going to have to take it out and clean it up to try again. What a mess!

Any expert advise?
I have the same problem, just received the pump and adhesive from JC and when opening the pump box it came fully disassembled. With no instructions or drawings I've figured out how to put it back together but need a little help: Does the ball go into the bottom of the pump housing first with the spring on top or does the spring go in first and then the ball on top of the spring? Also, what have you found is the best way to clean the gun afterwards? Thanks in advance to all.
Reno Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:46 AM   #3
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
I won't give any advise...'Cuz I've given up on the Acryl-R'nt working.
Used it three times for jobs that took 20min to complete after spending a day soaking and cleaning.

Nothing all that special about it, you can buy it in the tube dispenser also.

Disclaimer...I use 3M 4200 for removable sealing and repair and 5200 for more permanent jobs
Capt. Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure for all narrow gap sealing.

Bob
🇺🇸
Old 05-19-2021, 04:04 PM   #4

2008 28' International
Toronto , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno Classic View Post
I have the same problem, just received the pump and adhesive from JC and when opening the pump box it came fully disassembled. With no instructions or drawings I've figured out how to put it back together but need a little help: Does the ball go into the bottom of the pump housing first with the spring on top or does the spring go in first and then the ball on top of the spring? Also, what have you found is the best way to clean the gun afterwards? Thanks in advance to all.

Hi Did you have any luck figuring this out. I had the exact same problem and wasted the whole day on this stupid thing.

I am trying to figure out the ball, spring and washer as well. What a mess.

Thanks
gweston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 06:11 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2006 30' Classic
Bullhead City , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by gweston View Post
Hi Did you have any luck figuring this out. I had the exact same problem and wasted the whole day on this stupid thing.

I am trying to figure out the ball, spring and washer as well. What a mess.

Thanks
As I recall I believe I put the ball on the bottom with the spring on top. I don't remember the washer you're referring to unless I take it apart to look. I ended up inserting the pump into a small container of water to make sure the pump worked before I put it into the Acryl-R adhesive. As far as cleaning I just left the material in the pump and only cleaned the tip when I went to re-use it. So far so good although I really wasn't too impressed using the product. I think I ended up using lacquer thinner to clean up any smears and globs, denatured alcohol and paint thinner didn't seem to work that well as I recall. Good luck with your project!
Reno Classic is offline   Reply With Quote