Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-02-2022, 01:29 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Millington , Tennessee
2019 Flying Cloud soft Floor

Found a soft spot in the floor of my 2019 23FB Flying Cloud. It’s near the foot of the bed. The water leak must have started soon after I bought it new. There are no water lines nearby. Had to wait 2 months before the dealer in Southaven Mississippi could take it in. Then another month and a half before he even looked at it. He thinks the water came in from the running light outside above this area. Its going to require a new floor in the front of the trailer, a big job and now waiting for approval from Airstream for warranty work. Then it will be several months before he can fix it.

This is wrong on many accounts. It’s the latest in a string of problems with this trailer mostly due to poor workmanship and poor quality control by Airstream. I paid 3 times the price of a normal trailer expecting decent quality and I see no proof of this. I will be without the use of my trailer for over 6 months and there’s no accountability from Airstream. I want Airstream to address this issue.
Sawbuckhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 08:27 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

Gonzales , Louisiana
2019 26U Flying Cloud here. Our bed is in the back. Similar issue: water coming through the rear lights. No visible signs of caulking issues, just water coming in that we could never find the source.

Took it to our local shop and it took them 3 months to get to…but they do a pressure seal test and found the leaks right away.

$1,000 later, it’s fixed. But why did I have to pay $1,000 for them to fix something that was ALWAYS there? Same crap with the entry door, which couldn’t deadbolt because of shoddy tolerances. They had to rig our door using a shim so it works now, but again, not covered under warranty. Then what IS? Ugh. We are selling ours and I can’t wait to be rid of this $90k headache.
Klee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 10:29 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Celina , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klee777 View Post
2019 26U Flying Cloud here. Our bed is in the back. Similar issue: water coming through the rear lights. No visible signs of caulking issues, just water coming in that we could never find the source.

Took it to our local shop and it took them 3 months to get to…but they do a pressure seal test and found the leaks right away.

$1,000 later, it’s fixed. But why did I have to pay $1,000 for them to fix something that was ALWAYS there? Same crap with the entry door, which couldn’t deadbolt because of shoddy tolerances. They had to rig our door using a shim so it works now, but again, not covered under warranty. Then what IS? Ugh. We are selling ours and I can’t wait to be rid of this $90k headache.
It’s unfortunate you have had issues with the Airstream. Reading into your issues, it could be more than one reason for the defects and potential solutions, whether the result of Airstream or owner negligence. A positive attitude always helps toward reaching a satisfying conclusion.

Be aware that people who look at the Airstream classifieds also use this forum.
Good luck with your sale.
Journeying America via the "Blue Highways"
-Be Curious, Not Judgemental…Walt Whitman-
Genebuilder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 12:59 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Gonzales , Louisiana
Hardly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genebuilder View Post
It’s unfortunate you have had issues with the Airstream. Reading into your issues, it could be more than one reason for the defects and potential solutions, whether the result of Airstream or owner negligence. A positive attitude always helps toward reaching a satisfying conclusion.

Be aware that people who look at the Airstream classifieds also use this forum.
Good luck with your sale.

Owner negligence? That would be a NOPE. She's been carefully used, stored, and maintained by us since buying her new in 2019 and the door fit issues were there from Day 1. Still can't explain why the seals went wrong, but it's been fixed by an Airstream shop. There is literally nothing else wrong with her (at the moment), but it's been too much for us (plus we just don't have the time anymore). We have ALWAYS treated the local Airstream shop with the utmost respect and patience and yet, we haven't received the same consideration from Airstream when it comes to honoring the warranty on the door (which should fall under workmanship issues as it was a tolerance problem).

So, let folks searching the classifieds read this; they should know what they're getting into. I plan to sell her on consignment anyway. She's paid for, I honestly don't care how long it takes me to sell her. Folks will be getting a great deal on a used FC with barely any miles and careful ownership.
Klee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2023, 01:38 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
Right there with you. We have a 2019, watched her being built on the line... when delivered, leaked 5 days after delivery. Took 3 years of JC warranty runs (RI to Ohio) and 3 trips to my VT dealer to get it all sorted out. At the very last minute, it was found we had floor rot in the back because some AS employee didn't do their job and finish the black paint line around the floor edge allowing water to trail into the inner floor from the leaking awning support arm (which took 3 years to find after all the other leaks)....

Owner negligence pluuzzzeeee.... not by a long shot... Stuff like this falls squarely on the shoulders of the mothership......and this was all pre covid.
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2023, 08:41 AM   #6
1 Rivet Member

2019 23' Flying Cloud
Millington , Tennessee
Same old story

The last two comments on my original thread are correct. I ended up selling my airstream for a loss of thousands of dollars because airstream didn’t honor their warranty. They actually told me the leak was my fault since I should have been up on the roof caulking the day I took possession! It’s ludicrous but also rampant in the RV industry and yes, everyone should know what they’re getting into and you better be mechanically inclined or your rig will be spending a long time at the dealership repair shop. The RV manufacturers and the dealerships are corrupt, but what else is new in this brave new world?
Sawbuckhead is offline   Reply With Quote