Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1956 16' Bubble
1957 22' Caravanner
islworth , middlesex
13 piece end caps

Beautiful sunny day here in the UK so I thought I'd finally find the leeks that make the bedding damp.

Using the hose slowly working up the back of the trailer we quickly worked out where the worst places were.

We decided to remove about 15-20 rivets on one of the seams running down to the centre of the window, we were expecting to find 50 year old sealant or putty in the seam but found nothing.

Did the guys in the factory forget to do my seams or didn't they used to bother sealing the seams with anything?
We can't believe they didn't seal the end caps, it would explain why the floor was so bad in the back tho.

Be interested to know what should have been done in the factory back in 1957.
Dan G is offline   Reply With Quote