Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-24-2017, 07:22 AM   #21
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAT View Post
Sorry but one side issue that could be for another thread. By pulling out the original vent and loosing the light kit. How is the best way to retrofit some type LED light. With the vent out can I fish wire for puck lights and figure how to switch them on or are there an easier way.
If I remember correctly you the fishing part should be easy. The original connections for the light and the wiring harness is right there.
Old 03-28-2017, 03:09 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
Baltimore , Maryland
Nice! Post some pictures when you finish. We'd love to see the finished product.
TheGreatleys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:43 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

Rockton , Illinois
Which vent fan to buy

Where is the best place to buy the max air w/10 speed and remote? Retailer?
jbknowso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:48 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1974 31' Sovereign
1979 23' Safari
Wayland , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbknowso View Post
Where is the best place to buy the max air w/10 speed and remote? Retailer?
Amazon, cheapest I found and 2 day delivery. Just bought a maxxair 4500 last week. Still need to install. Installed one in a SOB last year and it's great.
HiJoeSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 07:56 AM   #25
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Petaluma , California
Which color Maxxfan lid?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPoulin View Post
It's been noted, but I have both the MaxAir with black and white shrouds -- neither let in much sunlight; so you loose the "skylight" aspect of the Fantastic Fans; but when I set one MaxxAir running 10-30% ingest and the other 10-30% exhaust, I get a nice, silent, steady breeze throughout the trailer.

Ian
Hi Ian, Which lid lets in MORE light? I already have 2 Maxim skylights with white frost so I'm leaning toward a white lid but wanted to check. I prefer more light. The FAQ on the Maxxfan site says: "Both lid colors will let light into the RV. The smoke-tinted lid is similar to sunglasses or tinted windows and will allow more light and heat into the RV." which doesn't make sense to me. Did they mean less light and heat?

Thanks,

Brad
SuperTrouper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2017, 08:00 AM   #26
Rivet Master

1974 27' Overlander
Baltimore , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTrouper View Post
Hi Ian, Which lid lets in MORE light? I already have 2 Maxim skylights with white frost so I'm leaning toward a white lid but wanted to check. I prefer more light. The FAQ on the Maxxfan site says: "Both lid colors will let light into the RV. The smoke-tinted lid is similar to sunglasses or tinted windows and will allow more light and heat into the RV." which doesn't make sense to me. Did they mean less light and heat?

Thanks,

Brad
No, they mean more. Smoke is tinted clear plastic. White is opaque white plastic. Both let in some light, but smoke lets in more.
TheGreatleys is offline   Reply With Quote