Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2021, 11:40 AM   #1
rasyl

2018 30' Classic
CALGARY , Alberta
Ventline Fans both died

I had been leaving both the washroom and shower fans on in storage to keep some load on the solar/lithium system. I visited after a couple of weeks and both fans were dead. The Firefly breakers all seemed good so I suspect that the fans got fried in the summer heat working full time. It seems odd that both fans would go at the same time so I looked for another explanation but have not found one. Has anyone had this same experience?

I plan to replace the motors. Does anyone know the PN? They might be Ventline BVD 0218-00?

Richard
2018 Classic 30
rdsyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 03:00 PM   #2
rasyl

2018 30' Classic
CALGARY , Alberta
To add to my post - issue resolved. I ordered the ventline fan motors PN BVD 0218-00 via Amazon. It was the cheapest and quickest way to get the parts. To access the motors the entire fan must be removed from outside. it is fairly straightforward although I was careful to be sure on the first replacement.
Order of operations:
1. remove plastic cover - 2 screws
2. Pull off the fan - it is just a press fit on the splined motor shaft
3. remove fan assembly screws to the roof
4. work the caulking free by prying up initially from the side opposite the wiring then flip the fan upside down being careful to not chaff the wires on the sharp aluminum edge of the roof panel
5. remove the open/close handle - one screw each side
6. remove the single screw holding the tin motor cover in place and remove the fan motor cover
7. undo the 2 tiny screws holding the motor in place. These are very small Phillips screws - really need a Phillips jewellers size screw driver. I actually used a needle nose pliers that worked although not really the right tool for the job
8. reverse above steps to re-install. I used an outdoor caulking to try to get a proper seal under the fan assembly lip but it was messy given the nature of the job, so I ended up adding a bead of caulking on the joint after the fan was back in place. Note that the assembly is a tight fit and it may be necessary to cut off some of the original caulking to get it back into the roof opening (like I did).

I have some photos if anyone is interested. Send private email please.

Richard
rdsyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 04:49 PM   #3
"Cloudsplitter"

2003 25' Classic
Houstatlantavegas , Malebolgia
I bet we won't do that again will we?

But then again what's the point of the load?

Bob
🇺🇸