Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Roof Vents, Skylights & Fans
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2019, 01:17 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Davidson County , NC Highlands County, FL
Upgrade kit Fantastic Fan and continue to use wall thermostat

My 1999 Excella has a Fantastic fan in the rear bedroom. It is a model 2000TRS which includes a remote wall mounted thermostat. It worked great until recently the gears stripped in the lift mechanism.

A few years ago I added a 803350 Fantastic Fan in the front roof vent opening.
This> https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro...c-vent-_-21213
I liked its function, so I decided to upgrade the rear fan because that a repair is needed.

I purchased upgrade kit 803359 from Dometic, which they say converts any Fantastic fan to have the features of the 803350.
This> https://www.dometic.com/en-us/us/pro...de-kit-_-52212

Problem-> the circuit board on the new kit does not have the spade connectors to allow for use of the remote thermostat. I want to continue to use the wall mounted thermostat since I can control the fan while lying in bed.

Questions-> Has anyone resolved this issue? Where is it appropriate to splice in the existing thermostat wires into the new upgrade kit so that it will continue to operate in its original function?

ps:
I have requested information from Dometic customer service. So far, no joy.
Old 07-05-2019, 01:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Another question related to the upgrade kit mentioned above:
At the thermostat on the upgrade kit there is a modular data jack. No schematic is provided. What is the jack's purpose?
Old 07-05-2019, 04:37 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Excellent customer service!

Got an email answer back from Dometic Customer Service!
Same day ~ 3 hour response is great.
Outstanding! Excellent customer service IMO!

The customer service rep sent wiring diagrams for both the old 2000 TRS fan with remote thermostat and the new 803350 fan. Also I got a clear explanation of what I'll need to do to restore the original function of the original wall thermostat:-> "When you see the little toggle that opens the lid on the 3350 you will see two wires 4A and 4B going to the circuit board. Those two wires need to come off the little toggle switch and extended to the wires going to the existing wall switch. All that wall T-stat does is make and break ground over to the circuit board."
The toggle switch, wires 4a and 4b are all clearly marked on the drawing.
Attached:-> Fantastic Fan - model 3350 wiring diagram.pdf