Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2010, 03:04 AM   #1
Rivet Master

2010 27' FB Classic
N/A , Texas
SS Exhaust Vent

Where do you guys purchase the replacement exterior kitchen exhaust vents that are made of stainless steel or aluminum? This would be for a current model trailer to replace the gray plastic one.
Bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:18 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1965 22' Safari
Vassar , Michigan
Vent

Try Andy at Inland RV.
Inland RV Center - The Nations Leading Expert in Airstream Innovations

Tim

Everyday is a Saturday
tkasten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 05:26 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2006 19' Safari SE
Nawthin' , Hemisphere
SS Stove Vent

I got our SS Stove Vent from a guy named David Tidmore down in Texas. He also does a SS door for your HWH. He was great to work with, quick turnaround and a quality product at what I considered a fair price.

Here is the last contact info I had for him....

David Tidmore 800-378-5883 & dtidmore@rogerwilliamsairstream.com
1015 Ft Worth Highway, Weatherford TX 76086 www.rogerwilliamsairstream.com

I will say though, there was no catch to latch the flap closed when I got mine, like we had on our plastic version. It was years ago and maybe he has changed his design. I remember having a discussion about this with him at the time.

The vent acts like a letter slot on your front door and gently clang, clang, clangs as the trailer moves or in the wind. Also while cruising down the road, the wind may open the flap just right and let in rain and of course, any little crack is fair game for flying and crawling critters.

I promised myself I would fashion some sort of clasp to keep the thing closed , but to date have contented myself with a strip of duct tape on there.... which disappears to the eye, but renders the vent useless..... not that we use the hood fan much anyway....

Sure looks clean on there though !

T & K

B4WEDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 08:19 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2011 25' FB Flying Cloud
Anywhere & , Everywhere
These can be purchased from Airstream in Jackson Center. Not listed in their online store but they have them along with the SS water heater covers. Give them a call.
Al - K4GLU is offline   Reply With Quote