Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2004, 08:47 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1994 30' Excella
Mississauga , Ontario
Living room roof vent

Hello.
I'm a new to this. Just purchased 94 excella. It's my first Airstream, in fact my first rv so everything is new to me.
Question! Decided to look up top to see how dirty it was and noticed that the front vent does not appear to close fully. Is this normal?
Also roof is filthy. What kind of product should I use to clean it?
Thanks
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 06:26 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
No, it is not the norm, but it is more common that the cover doesn't close. They all seem to be missing some additional parts. In our 1999 Excella, I replaced my complete fan/light combo with a Fan-Tastic fan unit and added 2 additional lights to match the existing coach lights.
Dwight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2004, 12:21 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr Boo
I have a 94 excella that I purchased a year ago, my first TT also. The front vent closes okay but I will replace it with a Fantastic Vent that came in yesterday from Camping World. I talked with Bob at Fantastic Vents a little while ago, what a "Great Guy", he gave me many helpful instalation hints and is sending an airstream garnish that fits the curved ceiling at a price I can afford, no charge. I have a fantastic in the bedroom that came with the trailer, my wife loves it, hence I'm putting one in the front.

I wash my trailer with a product called RV Glitter, I buy it at Walmart. It works well, is very affordable and did a good job cleaning the roof.
Mr Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2004, 11:49 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Boo
I have a 94 excella that I purchased a year ago, my first TT also. The front vent closes okay but I will replace it with a Fantastic Vent that came in yesterday from Camping World. ...
Hi Mr Boo,
CW only sells Fantastic Vents that have low profile bases, standard smoked domes, and white garnishes. We offer choices-- two dome styles, flat or standard, 4 colors of domes, white(no light), white translucent, smoked and clear, 2 types of bases hi profile and low profile, 3 interior colors, white, off-white and gray. If you need "Airstream" garnishes, they are available in white and off-white. Our prices include shipping in the 48 US. Fantastic Vents or as some say Fantastic Fans

Most Airstreamers are better served by using a high profile base, so the lift knob does not protrude as much into the headroom.

To check to see if you need an "Airstream garnish" --cut a straight piece of
cardboard about 3" wide by 16 1/4"(exact). Take the cardboard into your Airstream and place it side to side centered near your vent. If the center has a space of 1/4" or more an Airstream garnish would probably look nicer.
Scott is offline   Reply With Quote