Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Roof Vents, Skylights & Fans
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-16-2005, 04:33 PM   #1

Fantistic Fan in 19' 2001 Bambi?

I would like to replace the bedroom vent with a Fantistic Fan in my 19' 2001 Bambi. Is it pre-wired for this? If so, where are the wires? Thanks.
Old Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 06:01 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Post Hello and Welcome to the Forum

We just had 2 installed at the factory in Michigan .. Imlay City.. $200 each installed.. with the rain sensor.. they are wired from the nearby light in the ceiling.. We would not be without them.. Annie
WBCCI 10103
"Happiness is a warm Puppy" Charles Schulz
Happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:14 PM   #3
Aluminut

2004 25' Safari
. , Illinois
I agree, they are great to have and they are wired off the light circuits near each vent.
Silvertwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:18 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2000 31' Land Yacht
If the 2001 is like my 99, there is no wiring for the fan. When the Fantastic Fan factory people installed mine at International, they wired it to the light just forward of the fan opening. Since this light was controlled by a wall switch, they bypassed the switch so that I had to reach up to the light to turn it on and off. I found that unacceptable, and when I got home, I wired the fan to the light in the bathroom which does not have a wall switch. A little tougher to drill the holes in the rib to get the wire there, but I felt that it was worth it to have the wall light switch working again.
jimmickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:28 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
12 volt fan

Fantastic sells a 12 volt free standing fan too. I got one in Jackson Center a few months ago. Didn't realize HOW practical it would be, but I often open my rear window and plug the fan in there, then turn on the ceiling fan over my bed (in front in the 22 CCD). When I've boondocked for a day or two, I set the fan on my end table and let it blow over me while I sleep. I open both vents and a window or two and can sleep fairly comfortably even though it's often over 80 here in Virginia at night. Using it and a small 120 volt fan outside can just blow the bugs away too. We have been having a plague of dragonflies and of course the mosquitos are always an issue too.

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 08:59 PM   #6
Contributing Member

2018 Interstate Grand Tour Ext
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
Endless Breeze

The 12v FanTastic "Endless Breeze" fan is terrific in my 28'. It is a long way from the AC to the bedroom and the two bathroom partitions interfere with the airflow. I set the fan in the bathroom, blowing toward the rear, and even at low speed, it really cools down the bedroom.

While we are initially cooling down the trailer, I set the Endless Breeze fan on the credenza, blowing across the sofa. It becomes comfortable to sit there long before the temperature drops appreciably. Both cats usually pile up on the folding table and enjoy the airflow.

I bought two 12v recepticals and I will install one below the wardrobe and one below the refrigerator to aid in using the 12v fan without having an extension cord running all over the place.

Best money I have spent in a long time.
WBCCI #9632
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 09:26 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

I agree totally - the Fantastic Vent and Endless Breeze are great additions. Just replaced my original powered roof vent with the Fantastic Vent a couple of weeks back and bought the Endless Breeze on special with it. I never dreamed just how well those two could work together! It's hard to imagine that either fan can move so much air while drawing only 3 amps max.

If you're in the market for these products, talk to Scott Nehoda of Adohen Supply. He has the widest selection (including Airstream-specific interior trim), excellent prices, and he's great to work with. No connection, just a very satisfied customer.

West Marine also has the Endless Breeze on special now for $70.

Bob
mcneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 05:59 AM   #8
4 Rivet Member

1971 29' Ambassador
Braunschweig , Germany
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcneon
... talk to Scott Nehoda of Adohen Supply. He has the widest selection (including Airstream-specific interior trim), excellent prices, and he's great to work with. No connection, just a very satisfied customer.

West Marine also has the Endless Breeze on special now for $70.

Bob
Bob,
thanks for that link! It will saved us much money! The Fantastic Vents (5000 series) sell over here for 315,- Euro, that´s nearly $390,-!!! Maybe we should by a whole bunch of them and sell them over here...

Bjoern

AirstreamForumsMember No. AIR 5535

Proud Owner of a 1971 Ambassador 29' called "Dave"

-A stranger is a friend you just haven´t met before!-
unknown irish

davetheairstream
Pschoerrn is offline   Reply With Quote