Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2006, 11:23 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2021 27' Globetrotter
Saint Louis , Missouri
Devoman,

I don't know anything about the fans, but have bought a few items from the ebay dealer you listed. They have always provided good service shipping the product quickly. I haven't had to deal with any returns so I don't know how they are there.

Dennis
cosmotini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 11:43 AM   #22
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Northwest Panhandle , The Sunshine State/WBCCI 6637
Fantastic fan

Anyone need a brand new fantastic fan?It should be at my door today from UPS and I will send it to whoever in the states.I will be asking for $210.00 for it and I will pay for shipping.Any takers

Devoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 11:16 AM   #23
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Fan

I am still looking into these Maxxfans as I would like to have one either with the four control wall mount or the LCD wall mount.
Does anyone have these with the wall mount and if so where did you mount them.
If possible could anyone who has this post some pics please.I would really like to see what they look like.I am waiting for some more prices but I still will be selling the fantastic fan if anyone would like get one.Thanks.

Old 03-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #24
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Interestingly, this Maxxfan doesn't have the very feature we bought our Fantastic vent for: Clear fan blades for a sunroof effect while using. It's still an opaque cover that you can see thru. I like being able to see out. And on top of all of that Fantastic fans work fine in rainy weather, as long as you don't open the lid all the way, and have the fan blowing out.

And Carol, if you buy them I'll tell Bob at Fantastic you did!

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #25
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
Interestingly, this Maxxfan doesn't have the very feature we bought our Fantastic vent for: Clear fan blades for a sunroof effect while using. It's still an opaque cover that you can see thru. I like being able to see out. And on top of all of that Fantastic fans work fine in rainy weather, as long as you don't open the lid all the way, and have the fan blowing out.

And Carol, if you buy them I'll tell Bob at Fantastic you did!

John
Oh no, don't tell Bob! I will probably be bringing in the 06 in for a rear vent and have him put in a reverse kit for the front. Otherwise I could go with one of each and do a series of comparison testing. I don't know who gets more from us, the state of Michigan for permanent trailer plates or Fantastic Vent!

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:46 PM   #26
Airstreamin and luvin it
Commercial Member

2005 25' Safari
Fan

I think I am going to stick with the fantastic fan as the Maxxfan will be a special order and they can not even get a price on it until next week then order it and that could take longer to get that to afterwards.
I wish I could get one sooner but the problem I am having is that when I had purchased this Airstream a bit ago the vent tops were sun dried and they broke within the first 2 days of having it.I have some cheapo replacments on the top right now but they will not seal properly so moisture can get in the Airstream and that is not a good thing.(It is not good when it is foggy and you can feel the moisture when you try to sleep.)I just got the fan from the UPS man and I will be installing it tomorrow and putting one in the back as well.
Sorry but I am not going to be selling it anymore.

Old 03-03-2006, 04:04 PM   #27
2 Rivet Member

2007 25' Classic
1993 21' Sovereign
Elm Grove , Wisconsin
Devoman,
The MaxxFan that you found on Ebay is the same one that I installed on my Sovereign last year--only I went with the translucent white rather than the smoke grey. More light! The MaxxFan btw has a clear blade so that it does let in quite a bit of light. The remote control feature was not offered last year. It looks to be very slick! The only thing that would concern me is the increased complexity of operation. Simplicity has its virtues!! Good luck!
Juergen
jhart657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #28
Rivet Master

2012 25' FB Eddie Bauer
Vintage Kin Owner
Virginia Beach , Virginia
Simplicity!

You know, I was just mentally agreeing with you. Why on EARTH would you want a remote when you're going to be within 5 steps of the fan anyway?

How lazy have we gotten as a society? I realized this when I went crazy after misplacing my TV remote. I don't use it to WATCH TV, I use it to channel hop. I miss more than I watch.

Scuze me, I'm going to peel two potatoes by HAND now, then I'm going to use a manual can opener....

Later I'm going to look for an RV version of that $5000 Japanese toilet that automatically rinses your pink parts and gently blows them dry. (Bet it's lousy for boondocking though!)

Tin Lizzie
Foiled Again is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 07:04 PM   #29
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulaFord
You know, I was just mentally agreeing with you. Why on EARTH would you want a remote when you're going to be within 5 steps of the fan anyway?
Tin Lizzie
For the same reason you want a remote for the car stereo in your dash, when the remote is stored further away then the stereo is...We all love our gadgets!
Old 04-26-2006, 11:37 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
FF Inventory?

Is there anyone that can tell me what a proper 'inventory' for a FF before install includes? I ask since I am looking at getting a used FF out of a '00 for a seemingly very reasonable $90. Want to be sure I am getting all I should be getting when I give him $'s for the fan.

Anyone with a recent install that has a 'parts provided' list you could post. Photos would be a super bonus.

Are there differences with the forward/ reverse/ rain sensor/ etc as far as possible parts lists? - other than the obvious switches & sensors stuff....

Thanks to all that help me out here.

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 06:51 AM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
I have about had it with my FF. I have replaced the motor drive once, and now it is stripped out again. I JB welded it, but it is stripped again. Looks like a QC issue, they press the coupling on the shaft to far, and it barely contacts the shaft on the lid operator. If it was not pressed on so far, it might grab more than 1/16" of the shaft splines. The splined shaft is made out of pot metal, so the splines are not very strong. FF replaced it, and the operator once, I have not called them again, and may not. Tired of the vent opening and closing continuously during dewy or during rain sprinkles.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 07:42 AM   #32
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Pick, have you called Bob Berrata at FF? You should and tell him your experience. I have met him personally, he is VP for Service and he is VERY personable and will listen to you. I have confidence in their service and their QC. Anyone can get a bad setup, so call him and see what he can do.

Visit my Camping Blog!
Old 04-27-2006, 12:23 PM   #33
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
Overly complicated?

Hello all -

Just spoke to the FF factory folks. Looks like I was/am? making this more complicated that it really is. Accroding to the factory, there are really only the fan, the gasket and the screw packs, then the inside trim.

Is that really it??? What is the gasket material made out of? Since I am getting a fan out of an '00 I am thinking it will likely by less than 100%. Sounds like I could order a gasket from FF for the new install.

Again, thanks to any and all that respond.

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #34
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverToy
Hello all -

Just spoke to the FF factory folks. Looks like I was/am? making this more complicated that it really is. Accroding to the factory, there are really only the fan, the gasket and the screw packs, then the inside trim.

Is that really it??? What is the gasket material made out of? Since I am getting a fan out of an '00 I am thinking it will likely by less than 100%. Sounds like I could order a gasket from FF for the new install.

Again, thanks to any and all that respond.

Axel
Sounds about right. I watched Bob install mine at the FF factory. If you're ever in Imlay City, MI, stop in, ask for Bob and get a plant tour. The "gasket" is expanded cell foam sheet. It's a real easy install. If I new then what I know now I would have done it myself, but they did it for free at the factory.

And, while I'm not sure, I bet they will send you a new gasket for free.

Visit my Camping Blog!