Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2004, 08:29 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

ceiling vent cranks

on my 1972 27' overlander there are three ceiling vents. these are operated by cranks which also secure the vent covers. i have one metal crank which works well and two plastic cranks which do not. has anyone found metal replacement parts for these?

thanks-

emanon
emanon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2004, 03:50 AM   #2
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
Take the metal one with you...

Try a mobile home supply house, the ones around here have a large selection of crank handles in stock. BTW don't tell them you are a millionare airstream owner I have found if I just drag the piece in there and not tell them what it is for I have better luck finding something that will work.

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2004, 04:10 PM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
emanon25

We have the metal crank handles.

Part number 91484.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 08:00 AM   #4
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc
BTW don't tell them you are a millionare airstream owner I have found if I just drag the piece in there and not tell them what it is for I have better luck finding something that will work.Aaron
I agree. I have found that as soon as I mention the word "Airstream", they put their hands over their collective ears and refer me to the Airstream dealer, no matter what it is. "LP? For an Airstream? Try the dealer!"
Terry
Old 09-27-2004, 08:33 AM   #5
gunnyusmc

2006 25' Safari FB SE
Livingston , Texas
Vent Cranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by emanon25
on my 1972 27' overlander there are three ceiling vents. these are operated by cranks which also secure the vent covers. i have one metal crank which works well and two plastic cranks which do not. has anyone found metal replacement parts for these?

thanks-

emanon
Hi Emanon
Give me a call at 512-497-5120, I have two vents taken out of my 1973 and if they are what you need, I will send them to you.

Don
Gunnyusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:13 PM   #6

not crankin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In
emanon25
We have the metal crank handles.
Part number 91484.
<SNIP>
Andy,
'66 Overlander....Newbie dumb question, flame suit on. I went to your web site as this is the same fix I'm in. At: http://www.inlandrv.com/parts/ the parts #'s went from 91470 to 91499. This appeared to be a specials list as opposed to a parts inventory. I looked for a parts search window but didn't notice any.
The window operator http://www.inlandrv.com/parts/91470-windowoper.jpg and latch crankshafts on my '66 appear to be eight spline and the replacement handles installed by the PO appear to be twelve and sixteen spline with a 45 degree bend in the handle and not enough length in the shaft. Needless to say they kinda spin in place. I've contacted Blaine http://www.blainewindow.com/catalog/ and no one seemed to understand what I was asking.
I have a friend who has a '73 and the vent cranks appear to be the same. Is this a part that AS kept and used in a different application?
Thanks,
DanG
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 09:27 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyusmc
Hi Emanon
Give me a call at 512-497-5120, I have two vents taken out of my 1973 and if they are what you need, I will send them to you.

Don
gunny-

thanks for the reply. i'm in cellphone hell in n. new mexico. i'll call you when i can get to a land line.

emanon
emanon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2004, 05:49 AM   #8
2 Rivet Member

vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnyusmc
Hi Emanon

Don
hey gunny, i am in need of the guts to one of the vents if emanon doesent want the whole vent and you want to get rid of one let me know.
katman3262@aol.com
paul k is offline   Reply With Quote