Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Roof Vents, Skylights & Fans
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-17-2021, 03:33 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' International
Germantown , New York
Both FanTastic Fans stopped working

Okay Problem Solvers!

I can't figure this one out. I'm plugged into shore power. The motor that opens the fan hatch works fine on both units but the fan motor will not turn on. I played with the thermostat and the speed control knobs, checked the individual fan fuses and the fuses in the circuit breaker box. All okay. When I took the screens off to spin the blades, the rear fan started up on it's own. I let it run for a while and when I went back to check on it, it had stopped. The front one shows no signs of life. Temperature here is around 40 - 45 degrees.

Any ideas? Thanks!
TBone55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:40 PM   #2

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
This is on an '18? Hmmm...

I think it may be possible that the thermostats are calibrated wrong and have a minimum temp higher than your air temp. I'd expect the fans to just run continuously at the minimum-temp setting on the dial, but maybe the thermostat is opening?

40f is likely colder than they designed for, and the fact that the lid motors are working suggests you have power, and the master switches are on. The blades spin freely by hand?

Zero Gravitas — 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. — Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 03:49 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2018 23' International
Germantown , New York
That might be true. We were just trying to air it out - cleaning and winterizing for the season. I'll wait until a warmer day and try it again. Didn't think of that!!!

Thanks a lot!

Tim
TBone55 is offline   Reply With Quote