Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Roof Vents, Skylights & Fans
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-09-2005, 11:20 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1986 34' Limited
Prospect , Tennessee
Thumbs up Bathroom vent fan - 6 inch round

My fan blade disintegrated. Does anyone know where I can get a new blade, or alternatively a new fan. I found a fan but it was $100 including shipping, but thought there might be an acceptable less expensive option out there.

I have a 1986 34 foot Limited Airstream trailer

Thanks

lnjdavis@chartertn.net
Lee Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
I don't know what these are or look like but I would like to recommend for fan parts, you check people that sell stuff for school buses. Try this email:

minksmerchandise@bellsouth.net

You may have to wait for a response as they don't check their email everyday, but I got a new bus fan defroster motor, that was an EXACT replacement for my stove hood fan motor. Same bolt holes and everything. They may have your blades.

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:32 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Wink Time for FanFan

Are you talking roof vent fan here Lee?

Now might be the time to invest in a Fantastic Fan. If you want you could put the "FanFan" elsewhere in the trailer and move that replaced regular vent fan to bathroom I suppose.

There certainly have been many many FanFans installed, you gotta figure all the replaced units didn't end up on eBay for the BIG BUCKS. So I hope someone kept theirs for you.
Hit'nMiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
2 Rivet Member

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Jarrettown , Pennsylvania
Bathroom fan

You may be able to do slightly better than $100. We replaced both the fans in our 85 345 (bathroom and shower) and each ran (as I remember) $64 plus shipping - I think I did one from Inland and one from our closer Airstream dealer in Smyrna, Delaware. Each installed easily, and we sure got lots of use out of both of them on the recent 5-week trip cross-country - I'm working on posting a report on that journey on the Forum.
pbnjsellers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2005, 07:35 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1986 34' Limited
Prospect , Tennessee
Faulty email address?

John, I could not get this email address to work. Is there an alternative one or a website I could try?

Thanks,

Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYRSTRM2
I don't know what these are or look like but I would like to recommend for fan parts, you check people that sell stuff for school buses. Try this email:

You may have to wait for a response as they don't check their email everyday, but I got a new bus fan defroster motor, that was an EXACT replacement for my stove hood fan motor. Same bolt holes and everything. They may have your blades.

John
Old 08-16-2005, 07:48 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1979 30' Argosy
Armada , Michigan
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee Davis
John, I could not get this email address to work. Is there an alternative one or a website I could try?

Thanks,

Lee
I'll check. It WAS working, but I'll double check my archives.

Edit: this was the email address they used to email me my invoice:

I don't know what to tell you if it continues to not work. But do let me know.

John
AYRSTRM2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 01:39 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

1986 34' Limited
Prospect , Tennessee
Problem solved

Thanks for all the tips. I found the fan "blade" at the Airstream dealer in Smyrna Delaware, and the replaced the moter with one I found here. for future reference that fan is or was made by Ventline and they are still selling parts for it. Blade$10, motor$ 26 so it worked out a lot better than $85-100

Lee Davis
Old 08-23-2005, 06:51 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

I put a 6" Ventline in my '74 Argosy bathroom last year. It's a great addition - I don't miss the sauna effect on those hot days.

Now, I've noticed that my friend Ben has the same fan in his '79 MH, but his has an aluminum dome where mine is plastic. Is the aluminum dome available anywhere, other than "swapping" with Ben some dark night? I'd really prefer to buy a new one if they're out there.

Bob
mcneon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2005, 09:32 AM   #9
3 Rivet Member

I'm a W.W.Grainger fan fan.

Check out W.W. Grainger company. They stock many fan parts that most likely will interchange. They are a little pricey, but I usually can get a swap-out OEM part.
AirConditioner is offline   Reply With Quote