Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-13-2006, 07:23 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1964 28' Ambassador
Natalia , Texas
Question Window Crank Arm removal

Hi, I have a 64 Ambassador that I am working on and need to remove some windows to replace glass and other repairs. How do you remove the window crank arm from the window frame? I see the groove it slides and the area at the top with the slot but can't seem to get the arm out. Maybe I am just to leary of breaking it, does it just pop out or do you pry it at a specific location? any guidance will be appreciated. I know that once the arm is disconnected the frame slides out to the side. Also one frame is broken at a corner, should I get it wielded or can I use something like JB Wield?

thanks
Bill
wohtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 07:40 PM   #2
Retired.

Currently Looking...
. , At Large
Welcome to the forums.
I have removed mine by unscrewing the two mounting screws on each window crank and sliding each mechanism up and out of the slot near the top of the windowframe.
Old 04-13-2006, 10:55 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1964 28' Ambassador
Natalia , Texas
Question Window Crank Arm Removal

Hi Terry, thats the part I was unsure of when you get the arm to the top of the slot does it just pull out or what, mine don't seem to want to come out of the slot.

Bill
Old 04-13-2006, 11:26 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1948 16' Wee Wind
1953 21' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Ohio or California trailer??

Hi Bill:

Was your 1964 Ambassador built in California or Ohio? The factory where your trailer was built is written across the bottom of the serial number plate on the exterior near the door. The reason I ask is that the windows were different between Calif. and Ohio 1964 trailers, so a general description of a 1964 trailer window may be confusing if the trailer on which the window being described is found is not from the same factory as your trailer (and windows). I can describe how the windows on my 1964 Ohio built 19' Globe Trotter are removed, but someone else will have to help you if your trailer was built in California.
Fred Coldwell, WBCCI #1510, AIR #2675
Denver, Colorado - WBCCI Unit 24
Airstream Life "Old Aluminum"
Airstream Life
"From the Archives"
47WeeWind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 12:18 AM   #5
Rivet Master

1992 34' Limited
Falls Church , Virginia
AS's the same??? NOT HARDLY!!!!

Wee etal -

EVERY time I discuss my trailer with another AS fan/ nut, I am reminded that NOT all AS's - even same year trailers! - are the same.

This is something that I have to CONTINUALLY remind myself of - describe EVERYTHING IN THE MINUTEST DETAIL!!!! - real AS fans/ nuts won't mind!

It is the 'YEAH, I know every AS ever built" folks you need to be wary of!

Axel
SilverToy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
2 Rivet Member

1964 28' Ambassador
Natalia , Texas
Window Crank Arm Removal

How about this, it was made in Ohio and sold in California according the vin plate and then there is an old dealer sticker applied down below that.

Bill