Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-22-2006, 09:59 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Angel73
Cool replacing window tint

We due to all the rain we having .We're not able to get to the floor and rear frame...We have start on the windows repairs and tint have to say its coming along nicely.I do have pic that should be up soon went with 85% for the camper windows....
Old 05-23-2006, 05:29 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 23' Safari
1977 23' Safari
2018 25' Flying Cloud
Palmer Lake , Colorado
Send a message via Skype™ to Zeppelinium
Angel, I've seen many of your posts and they are great. Funny, I never noticed we're doing the same durn Airstream. OK, I just started on the Sovereign this week. It was parked for 25 years in Big Pine CA (high alt and hot in summer) with the street side facing west, so the tint on those windows has bubbled. Can't wait to see your pics and more description of your technique.

I'll start a thread on my interior modifications as soon as I get the systems operational. It's a center bath, so mostly I'm redoing the bedroom and kitchen counter to start.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:13 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1975 31' Sovereign
Woodlawn , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to Angel73
Thats so neat...lol

Well we was going to put pergo flooring down and we wanted it to go all under the beds in the rear.But the owner before had a leak back there and try covering it up.By putting a board over it and when i removed the beds my foot fell threw it...lol When we bought the camper the guy told us nothing was wrong but it need tires and the unvolt replace along with all the pluming....Boy how wrong that was...Its rained so much here we haven't been able to get to the floor and frame or to redo the shower and sink.So i start pulling out the vista window which was a good thing i guess while taking out the plex glass the whole thing came out(in the rear with the rest of the leaks...lol)So I decided while there where out..Ill try my hand and some tint....Hopeful by the time am done next year.I will have fixed most of the getting up wet problem too.
Are you doing alot of repair?....Shell on or off?
I hope its alittler easier than our ...i wounding wish all this on anyone.As soon as i fix one problem another comes up.....

Things ive done already or got the stuff to do it with
screens throw out
new cooper pipe(not fun)
blinds
curtain in living and kitchen only
Redone the couch and the two beds in the back( i have to finish)
strip the clear coat off
New 60 amp intili
New faucet throw out (but still in the box)
paint for the shower and tub still in box
paint for the cabinets and the end caps still in boxes
vulkem three tubes and the pur bond still in box
Things i still have to order is
fussy screen and seals
tires and brakes and shocks and bearings
the replacement floor sheets
pergo
two pieces of main beam and add some new braces
Diamond plate for the new storage box
and freshing up the water heater,furn,air cond and fridge

I would love to see your new project too,I hope you will post pic.We would enjoy seeing what your up too on yours.If the rain holds off we're will be doing the main beams and braces and floor this weekend i hope,which ill post pic of .