Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-05-2003, 12:44 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

Need help with my Vista View window.

I think that is what it is called. It's the window that is up on the curver portion of the trailer. Wide and short. When I bought the trailer one side was just help in with some type of Sylicone product (black). The other has some type of trim piece on the outside that I believe holds it in. I was told that the window is to be installed from the inside. However I don't have the trim that holds it in. Does anyone know where to get this or if it isn't available, what to do?
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2003, 07:58 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

Trip out. I have had this thing for nearly a year and I thought the thing was broken until just now. I walked out to compare the left and right. I think I figured it out. The window must have broken out or something and they couldn't firgure out to get the window back in so they put some goop and duct tape to hold it on top of the frame. I thought the trim that holds the glass in was broken off.

The question is, how do I get the acrylite in between the 2 pieces of metal. Does it come apart?
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote