Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-16-2003, 01:55 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Leaking Front Window '63 Safari

Well I have the floor and inner skin removed from the Safari. While working on the inside today it started raining, and I thought perfect, now I can check for leaks.......sure enough just as i thought a leak appeared at the bottom right corner of the window. I think it is from water running off of the little gutter type channel at the top of the window and along side of the window and into the inside. What is the proper method for removing the window and re sealing? Is it best to completly remove it and reseal or coat around the edges with Vulcum? The PO had smaerd what appears to be Silicon (OH NO!!!!!) around the top of the window so no matter what I have to remove that and reseal. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
srgntpepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2003, 04:25 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

Well I think I found the source of the leak. It appears to be comming in between the window frame and the outer skin. It appears the PO has moved the rock gaurd up about 3/8". I do not know why but it is fastened on with large screws Definatly not OEM. Once I get the silicon exoskeleton off I can remove the rock guard. Still looking for suggestions on how to remove and reseal the window. Thnaks for any help
srgntpepper is offline   Reply With Quote