Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2003, 11:22 AM   #1
3 Rivet Member

How do I fix this? See pictue.

Someone must know how to do this. It seems the widow must be disasimbled. I have removed some rivets from the interior, but I still am not sure how to do this. When I got the trailer the plexi was siliconed to the outside. At first I thought that a trim piece was missing that hold it in. But comparing it to the other side, I realized it's all there. Someone here must know. I'm getting tired of driving down the road with duct tape covering it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	window.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	46.6 KB
ID:	2614  
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 02:12 PM   #2
3 Rivet Member

TBKS is there only one payne of glass ? My 74 Tradewind has 2 paynes and to remove them u must take a trim ring off inside the trailer the both paynes are removed thru the inside.On my 71 Tradewind the glass is held in by what looks like a sandwich process that requires the entire vista frame to be removed . I am not positive thats how it works on the 71 but as far as I can tell thats how it looks .Perhaps Andy from Inland would know. Tom
71tradewind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2003, 02:23 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

The 66-68 were different than the other years. It seems that I need to take the window out. But I'm not sure how to do that. From the inside or outside? I started to try to take it out from the inside, but stoped when I realized I didn't know what I was doing. Andy said he didn't know, he thought it was through the inside.
TBKP's Overlander is offline   Reply With Quote