Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-21-2006, 04:15 PM   #21
1 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
* , Virginia
Thanks, everyone, for your help. I still haven't found a window. I pm'ed RichardT and emailed Colaw RV, but neither have what I need. I am planning on calling Duncan Systems as soon as I have a free minute (I'm a landscaper and it's leaf season).

Minnie's Mate: I will try to call Mr. Hare, too. Is he a buisiness owner, or does he just have some old RVs?

Thanks for everything.

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence" Psalm 16:11
The Club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #22
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Club
Thanks, everyone, for your help. I still haven't found a window. I pm'ed RichardT and emailed Colaw RV, but neither have what I need. I am planning on calling Duncan Systems as soon as I have a free minute (I'm a landscaper and it's leaf season).

Minnie's Mate: I will try to call Mr. Hare, too. Is he a buisiness owner, or does he just have some old RVs?

Thanks for everything.
Duncan Systems "DOES NOT" have any Airstream windows.

They are "not" an Airstream dealer, therefore they must purchase the glass from an Airstream dealer.

They "do not" stock Airstream glass.

They too, have wrap windows on back order.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #23
1 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
* , Virginia
Thanks Andy, but it never hurts to ask. As Guy99 said, they got his windshields. The worse they could say is "No." On the other hand, I would sure hate to find out that they did have something when I didn't ask.

"You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence" Psalm 16:11
Old 11-21-2006, 04:31 PM   #24
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Thanks Andy, but it never hurts to ask. As Guy99 said, they got his windshields. The worse they could say is "No." On the other hand, I would sure hate to find out that they did have something when I didn't ask.
Windshields are an entirely different matter.

Duncan purchases the Airstream windows from us.

We have on back order for them, the same wrap windows you need.

We have more than a dozen of the wrap window on back order, and have had for some time.

New ones, don't exist as of today and probably won't until next year.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 04:43 PM   #25
RivetAddict

1986 34.5' Airstream 345
Louisville , Kentucky
Andy,
Really, please lay off a little. The Club is a new forum member and he already feels bad about breaking the window. It's already really clear from your previous posts that these windows are hard/impossible to get. The last thing someone wants when faced with this situation is to be reminded over and over again that the window they broke is NA. He's trying to correct the situation and maybe he'll find a used window or maybe he'll take your advice and use plexiglass as you've described.

There is no need to beat a dead horse.
swebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 05:11 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1985 34.5' Airstream 345
Tujunga , California
hay we have a horse

lets not beat a dead rabbit!!!
str8strm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 07:08 PM   #27
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
point made here. Let The Club pursue his window. Hard to find maybe, but stranger things have happened. Sonny is dealer near Huntsville, AL who has a back stock of lots of odd parts, he migh .
Reminds me of the time I ran over a train track in my 1967 Alfa Spyder, ripping thru the oil pan. I was told by every place i called that I could never find one....then I called a junk parts dealer who said he just might....I drove over and there it was sitting on a shelf, pretty as new. Who would have thought it amongst wrecked Chevys and Fords?
Good luck in your quest, keep us posted.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 11:44 AM   #28
1 Rivet Member

1983 31' Airstream310
* , Virginia
I just got off the phone with Sonny. I would have to recomend him, just for the conversation if nothing else. I spent the better part of a half an hour talking to him, just for one window. It's very refreshing to have someone care enough to talk and share info.

He told me that the rear panoramic windows on the classic Airstream Motorhomes are the same ones used for the front panaramic windows on trailers from the early 80's till the late 90's. Of course, he doesn't even own a computer, so I don't know how he could confurm this. So he said that the rear, curb side is the same as the front, road side.

Anyway. It may open up some doors for finding used glass. Any takers? Does anyone have an extra panaramic window for a trailer laying around?

Sonny said that he would call me back today or Friday. So far, I would recomend calling him if you need something. (He doesn't have a website )

Old 11-22-2006, 12:44 PM   #29
Tom, the Uber Disney Fan

2006 30' Safari
Orlando , Florida
Quote:
Sonny said that he would call me back today or Friday. So far, I would recomend calling him if you need something. (He doesn't have a website )
I hope he is able to help you with your search. If he can't, maybe Colaws Rv Salvage in MO might have a salvaged window from a TT that you could use until a new one is available since they are all on back order. Sometimes you just have to get creative and sometimes you just have to make do until the right part comes along. Only you can decide if you want a used window from a travel trailer in the interim or a piece of plexiglass as a short term fix.

If you do decide to try the travel trailer wrap window route, you could try Andy at Inland RV or maybe the factory could help.

BTW, you never have said what part of the country you are in.
WBCCI# 4821
https://streaminacrossamerica.com/
Minnie's Mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 02:23 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
Sonny has a business ripe for a computerized inventory and a web site. But it ain't gonna happen.
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote