Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2003, 08:24 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Question Double Pane Window

Does anyone out there in AS Land know where I can get a new (preferably) double pane window AS Part # 372139. It is a fixed window 33"H x 32 1/2"W.

The one I have has a terrible condensate mositure barrier and I would like to replace it. I had my Excella in for some modifications and other work at North Dallas RV and Randy could not find one from his source. Anyone with suggestions?

Thanks
dbaverb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 01:04 PM   #2
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
All double pane windows are history.

A single pane is available as a replacement.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 05:34 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2019 19' Flying Cloud
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Costa Mesa , California
Unhappy Windows

I have the same problem. Can you open the windows from the inside to remove the tint, then put it back together? Or is the window sealed? It's the only thing on the trailer that looks bad. We like the double pane in the snow, how are the single pane windows in the cold?
Old 11-30-2003, 11:08 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

Remove tint

Sorry for the late reply Jim but I have been out and busy at school. No, I can't open the window I am looking for. It is the main entrance window to the right of the entry into the AS.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:17 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

Inland RV

Andy,

Thanks for your reply. I notice that you reply to many of the questions on the forum. I just returned from a trip and my front door door latch went bad on me. I couldn't open it with my key. I have a door latch and a deadbolt. The deadbolt works fine. I didn't get any notice that the door latch was going out and it put me in a real bind as I couldn't get in to unload the trailer and espcially the refridgerator. I called a locksmith but all he attempted to do was pry it open and I sent him on his way after I saw the potential damage he could have done to the door. I managed to open it by removing the lower door hinge and the lower screw from the top hinge(the upper screw of the upper hinge was wallowed out and will need to be tapped out to remove it.) In any event I manage to open the door and the door latch locking mechanism popped out - broken from the tapping with a screw driver. I will have to replace this door latch but from one of your replies to a similar question these door latches are history. I have a 1986 34' Excella. There is a door kit that you recommended and I will have to find that kit so that I can get the latch installed.

Thanks for your replies. I am looking at your website to see what you have for other potential needs.
Old 11-30-2003, 11:58 AM   #6
Rivet Master

bbaverb, I have the door lock and keys from my 1988 Excella that you can have at no cost. The inner handle snapped on mine, and I bought the whole replacemant unit for about $85. This is awkward to fit, as the holes are not in the correct size and placement, but it worked out, just. Your inner plate and handle, combined with my lock and keys, would set you right. I will be with my trailer in North Central Florida by wednesday, so let me know if you want the lock mailed to you. Nick.
Old 11-30-2003, 12:17 PM   #7
2 Rivet Member

Door Lock 86 Excella

Nick

I am overwhelmed by your generosity and yes, please do mail it. Please let us pay for the postage or shipping. You can mail it to

Vic and Jan Barrera
4007 Donalbain Dr
Spring, Texas 77373
Old 11-30-2003, 12:30 PM   #8
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
dbaverb.

It is not necessary to remove any hinges or hinge pins to gain access to the interior of your trailer.

If you were at our facility, I would be happy to show you how to gain entrance, in 30 seconds or less, AND, without breaking a window or going through an access door.

For security reasons, I will not post the method. However, if you call me, I will be happy to give you the info.

If anyone else knows how, PLEASE, do not post it here, as thieves
will pounce on that information.

The Keeler Brass locks are subject to a high failure rate because of vibration caused by unbalanced running gear.

Thousands of them have failed for that reason.

Ultimately, that lock will have to be replaced with a newer style.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 02:59 PM   #9
Rivet Master

dbaverb, I will mail it next week, probably Thursday. Best wishes. Nick.
Old 12-06-2003, 06:14 AM   #10
2 Rivet Member

nickcrowhurst

Nick

I received the lock yesterday. Thank you very much. It looks exactly like the one on my trailer. I will have it installed soon.

Jan and I really appreciate this.

Old 12-06-2003, 08:51 AM   #11
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
2X windows

My local guy,(factory trained and worked for Ace Fogdal for 17 years - now has an independent repair shop) and the factory both advised the same thing. We have two of our double panes fogged.... both of them said to break out the inside pane! The factory says double panes have been available for years.
Again, both sources said to break out the INSIDE pane. They also said the sheet would break into a thousand little pieces and would be, ahem, a pain to clean up all the glass.

Elizabeth
Cedars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 08:52 AM   #12
4 Rivet Member

1983 31' Excella
Waterloo , Iowa
Oh jeeze! That SHPULD have been: double pane windows have NOT been available for years...

Elizabeth
Cedars is offline   Reply With Quote