Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Windows & Screens
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-19-2021, 01:58 PM   #1

1964 30' Sovereign
Austin , TX
Can you convert a Hehr Hall-Mark 12 operator?

I wonder if there is a product that can use to convert my crank operating window opener to something more manual. Has anyone tried to, even just temporarily, something like this. I would order the original reproduction but I can't find it anywhere except VTS and they are out of stock. I'd really like to be able to open my windows, even if it means redoing it properly when VTS gets them back in stock.

This is the out of stock item I should use: https://vintagetrailersupply.com/win...9-7-8-vts-323/

This is another product from VTS that gave me the idea: https://vintagetrailersupply.com/9-l...indow-vts-198/

Vintage Trailer Gaskets has a good schema of my windows:

The crank operator is at the top of the window and the windows hinge outward from the top of the window. These are especially nice at keeping morning drips out since it works like a sort of awning. My camper is a 1964 Land Yacht Sovereign. Thanks so much!
Camp Ombre is offline   Reply With Quote