Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Doors & Locks
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-22-2013, 10:30 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

LONG BEACH , New York
Spring and ball bearing in front door lock

Oh boy. I am a Sandy Hurricane survivor. Lost the house here in Long Beach NY and not being able to to relocate except out of state, I found an Argosy 1975 26 ft trailer in New Jersey. Having 3 dogs and 13 parrots, I needed to put a roof over our heads quickly. Sight unseen, I called and wired him the money and called for transport and they delivered that day....I know nothing about Airstreams other than I love the look. Problem is lock on the door. the locking pin does not lock the door from inside. It is missing the little spring and the ball bearing. I purchased them but I don't have a clue where they get positioned in the lock. starting another thread on how to get the lights on in the trailer. I am upgrading univolt with a 4stag converter and charger.

thanks for all your help.
ysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:09 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1981 31' Excella II
New Market , Alabama
Usually the spring and ball fit in a detent in the little locking lever. I don't know what particular lock you have. Is the problem the locking lever won't stay in the locked position or what?

Perry
perryg114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysly View Post
Oh boy. I am a Sandy Hurricane survivor. Lost the house here in Long Beach NY and not being able to to relocate except out of state, I found an Argosy 1975 26 ft trailer in New Jersey. Having 3 dogs and 13 parrots, I needed to put a roof over our heads quickly. Sight unseen, I called and wired him the money and called for transport and they delivered that day....I know nothing about Airstreams other than I love the look. Problem is lock on the door. the locking pin does not lock the door from inside. It is missing the little spring and the ball bearing. I purchased them but I don't have a clue where they get positioned in the lock. starting another thread on how to get the lights on in the trailer. I am upgrading univolt with a 4stag converter and charger.

thanks for all your help.
What year trailer?

Serial number, please.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 11:55 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

LONG BEACH , New York
exactly, Perry. So I purchased a spring and ballbearing. But Just don't know where it goes. the lock sits horizontal in the door and its Flush w/ door and the handle is like a wing that pulls out.

thanks so much
ysly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:32 PM   #5
2 Rivet Member

1975 25' Tradewind
dallas , Texas
Soooooo..... anybody where does this little ball and spring go?
hippygypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 04:20 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallredboned View Post
Soooooo..... anybody where does this little ball and spring go?
Hold the lock side ways so that the striker bolt is pointing toward you, and with the striker bolt at the bottom while your holding it.

5/8 of an inch above the striker bolt is a small allen screw.

The ball and spring is held in place by that allen screw.

That ball holds the vertical locking shaft in the open or locked position.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote