Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2021, 02:10 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Portland , Oregon
Possible to Swap Windows?

I have 2017 16í Sport and wondering if itís possible, or how difficult it would be, to swap the clear bathroom window with the frosted door window. I really donít understand why my only viewing window on that side of the trailer is in the bathroom. And doesnít it seem like the bathroom is more likely where youíd prefer a privacy window? Seems like such a weird choice to me by the manufacturer. Of course Iíd just prefer clear windows altogether and opt for shades, but I donít want to have to buy a new window. These look to be the same size and so Iím hoping itís just a matter of swapping them, although I imagine thatís still a great deal of labor. Any thoughts?
polyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 11:36 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2017 16' Sport
Portland , Oregon
Oops, meant for this to go under Windows section and now canít figure out how to delete this post.
polyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 06:59 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
You can go to Home Depot or Loweís and there is a frosted window kit that you can cut to size and roll on. Shouldnít be too difficult. You do have a privacy shade there too, yes?

We have one on ours so at night we close the shade and during the day the window is tinted enough and our side awning is deployed to offer enough privacy without eliminating light from the outside.

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote