Old 02-27-2020, 02:08 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Looking for the Bargman L-100 long bolt

I found a vintage Bargman L-100 to replace the damaged one (and home depot fix) on my 64 Safari.

Found out the hard way that this model requires the "long" bolt, to bridge the gap. So now I have a door that won't stay closed.

An airstream supply place that is often represented here on the forums says that they have them in stock, but after three weeks of trying to buy the part and getting no response, I finally got a hold of them only to be told they "threw those away in the move".

Does anyone know of a source for these - either a salvage one or reproduction of this part? A 3D rendering I can get printed? Any help at this point is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	l100.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	14.8 KB
ID:	362057  

JitneyBead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 02:33 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Sky High RV parts shows those listed as does Vintage Trailer Supply. If those fail try sending a private message to Montanablue here on the forums. Good luck

Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 03:50 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Tulsa , Oklahoma
Not sure where you see them in stock at VTS on their site. If you got a link handy appreciate it.
I have a call into Sky High also with no response yet.
Thanks
Jitney
JitneyBead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 04:37 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
1955 22' Flying Cloud
Fredericksburg , Texas
Jitney, I checked back and that was a 2018 listing for VTS. Dont see it on the current site. You may give Dan Piper with vintagecampers.com a call tomorrow to see if he has one laying around. I needed a specific chimney for my 55 and called him. He found one amongst his stuff and sent it.
Bubba L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 05:14 PM   #5
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Bugtussle , Oklahoma
I'll vouch for montanablue (Rick). I bought an L-100 like yours from him a few years ago. Here's his email which he has posted in other threads:
r_whiten@hotmail.com
Good luck. They are getting really hard to find.
mikextr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:13 AM   #6
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Spartanburg , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by JitneyBead View Post
I found a vintage Bargman L-100 to replace the damaged one (and home depot fix) on my 64 Safari.

Found out the hard way that this model requires the "long" bolt, to bridge the gap. So now I have a door that won't stay closed.

An airstream supply place that is often represented here on the forums says that they have them in stock, but after three weeks of trying to buy the part and getting no response, I finally got a hold of them only to be told they "threw those away in the move".

Does anyone know of a source for these - either a salvage one or reproduction of this part? A 3D rendering I can get printed? Any help at this point is appreciated.
a

My '67 Overlander has the same lock and when one of the tangs on the fork of the bolt broke off several years ago, my dog and I were trapped inside. I climbed out the emergency exit (rear window) and thankfully opened the door from the outside to rescue my dog. After scouring the entire world at that time for a replacement I settled for an L100 with the short bolt. Using the broken long bolt and the new short bolt as patterns a local machine shop fabricated a new long one out of mild steel. I have kept the short one for spare parts as the mechanisms are identical. I now remove, disassemble the lock annually and clean and lube it as prevention.
Jacob D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 10:46 AM   #7
4 Rivet Member

1967 26' Overlander
Spartanburg , South Carolina
BTW as best I remember the correct designation for the lock with the long bolt is L106

Jacob D is offline   Reply With Quote