Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Windows, Doors, Locks & Vents > Doors & Locks
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-19-2010, 11:14 AM   #21
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melody Ranch View Post
Andy...I have a 94 Sovereign. I sent you the envelope. No reply. I called about it..no reply. I called in an order two weeks ago and asked again. No reply...did not get the order either. There is a short circuit somewhere.
RC
I have spent almost one hour looking for anything from you, requesting that lock out kit, with zero success.

Please PM your mailing address to us, and I will send you the kit.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:02 AM   #22
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
I recently had the very same thing happen and used your technique to break into my AS with just a couple of differences.
I broke in via the large front window. Lifted the plexiglass window all the way up, wiggled the latches loose, climbed up on the tongue behind the propane tanks, punched the screen out of the way and rolled through the window onto the sofa. It was way too easy.
I thought about putting the screen back in place but decided not to bother. I haven’t opened that window before so I don’t really need to have the screen I’ll keep it in case I sell the AS. And now I’m not even bothering to latch the inside window. The plexiglass is secured by the exterior rubber latches.
I had an extra set of keys for the AS in the truck but it was locked. Now I need to figure out where to stash extra truck keys and AS keys.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:32 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
We have a dog that stays inside sometimes when we can not take her with us. I installed a realtors "lock-box" in a hidden but easy to get to place. It has a 4 digit code to open. We keep an Airstream key in there. If anyone needs to get in (our Classic has the connect system and we can monitor the temps) we can call the campground or a neighbor nearby that we've talked to, to retrieve the key to get inside.

And when we lock ourselves out . . . .

We do not ever use the lock on the door to lock the door when we leave. We always use a key.

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2019, 07:39 AM   #24
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
2014 25' International
2006 23' Safari SE
Boulder City , Nevada
Keys in Pants, Attached to Belt Loop... on your Person

Revived from the Dead.

When I enter or leave our Airstream, if my pants is on, my keys are in my pant's pocket. I do not carry a purse... yet. I am not among the 'New Male' Generation.

I carry my finger nail clippers in my left front pocket. (A multi use tool. Fishing or trimming broken finger nails.) My wallet in my right rear pocket. A stout handkerchief in my left rear pocket as a sweat band. My keys in my right front pocket. If any are... empty... I feel it. Routines are wonderful.

If a woman is wearing pants, put the keys into your pant's pocket.

My wife always uses a similar to a 'FallTech Steel Carabiner Clip' like used when mountain climbing. It is attached to a pant's belt loop. No... the belt loop has never fallen off, torn off or the steel carabiner failed, or keys fallen off from gravity, earthquakes, mountain climbing or horse back riding. Nope, nope and never.

Anyone who locks themselves out of their home, their trailer or their vehicle... needs to put their pants on before leaving.

Of course, I have only been doing this since I had pants. Do not recall having any keys hidden by my parents... in my diaper.
Old 09-18-2019, 08:12 AM   #25
SilverOne

1999 23' Safari
Prescott Valley , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inland RV Center, In View Post
I have spent almost one hour looking for anything from you, requesting that lock out kit, with zero success.

Please PM your mailing address to us, and I will send you the kit.

Andy

Interesting...I lost the key...at my wife’s suggestion I sorted through an old collection of keys from times past.
Discovered that an old cabinet or drawer key would work.
This is a 1999 safari.
Reminds me about when I flew early model Lear Jets...they were keyed the same...a strange thing for a multi-million $ aircraft.
rkgnaz is offline   Reply With Quote