Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2020, 10:24 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 24X
Los Angeles , California
New Technician License

KN6LNT

Got my technician license to go with my Airstream.

... was sent over to this forum which I missed the first time. (Thanks again for that referral!)

Wow! I am excited to see so many Airstream Hams! So fun. I'll be taking notes as I dream about how to wire up my Airstream to get radioactive.

Just wanted to say, hello! Going to go read back a few dozens of dozens of your great posts!

Traded in a 27' Globetrotter and then a 20' Basecamp X to go with a 2023 Interstate X
AirParkOnly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:40 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Welcome! Congratulations on getting your license. An Airstream is a great mobile ham shack! Add a solar power system, and it’s great for EMCOMM work.

Hence the official name of ours, “The Silver Hamshack”

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4666.JPG
Views:	49
Size:	728.7 KB
ID:	381454
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2020, 10:49 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2023 Interstate 24X
Los Angeles , California
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Welcome! Congratulations on getting your license. An Airstream is a great mobile ham shack! Add a solar power system, and it’s great for EMCOMM work.

Hence the official name of ours, “The Silver Hamshack”

Attachment 381454
She is glorious!

What a fantastic idea. I have 300 watts of solar. I’ve never put an antenna up, so I have a lot to learn about how to do that correctly and such but hey it’s only day three. I just have my little 5 watt Baofeng like most newbies. Gotta start somewhere.

Traded in a 27' Globetrotter and then a 20' Basecamp X to go with a 2023 Interstate X
AirParkOnly is offline   Reply With Quote