Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-12-2020, 11:14 AM   #21
3 Rivet Member

2015 30' International
Escondido , CA
Following
dsatwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 02:08 PM   #22
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
OlyPen , Washington
One interesting solution I've seen is to use 2 command removable broom holder brackets (painted silver) and a paint pole extension. Place the two holders a couple of feet apart (vertically) and snap in the pole. It's surprisingly strong and you can remove without damage to the camper skin.

https://www.amazon.com/Command-Gripp...00U82D0PM?th=1

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 04:42 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Flying Cloud
New Hudson , Michigan
I glued mine to the roof and ran the wire down the fridge vent. Used the same epoxy people use for solar panels no holes no leaka, been on for over a year, made it to Florida and back to michigan, no issues and works great.
ekbruster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 05:10 PM   #24
1 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Arlington , Virginia
I use the following with a Wilson booster and an omnidirectional or Yagi antenna as needed:

https://www.k1cra.com/ProductDetails...TB%2D1500%2DFB

https://www.k1cra.com/ProductDetails...ctCode=MAST21B

It allows a lot of flexibility to place the antenna where it can avoid obstructions and minimize feedback overload to the internal antenna.

I stake down the tripod for stability in wind. So far has it has withstood 30 mph winds with minimal movement while extended to the full 21 feet
jcooper0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2020, 09:02 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Technorv suction cup mount modification

I have used the suction cup antenna mount from technorv with the weboost rv65 antenna pole, but the pipe clamps were awkward and were an issue because the side of the airstreams are not exactly verticle. So I modified the techno rv suction cup with a hinge. Now I can mount the weboost pole with the built in weboost antenna mount bracket.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200215_181822.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	224.3 KB
ID:	361184  
Brainodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2020, 12:51 PM   #26
4 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
Los Gatos , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
I like painter's poles. Not the cheap twist lock, but the button lock.
They last forever, go up about 15', and the top fitting can be MacGyvered into an antenna mount.
If you want taller, and spendy, look into Hastings "Hot Sticks". They're designed for electrical workers to shut breakers on transformers.
Fiberglass, button lock. Various lengths. (Telepole II)
Got a photo of the MacGyver you did?
Garfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2020, 08:22 AM   #27
4 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Houston , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by chugchug View Post
My solution is to use an omnidirectional antenna permanently attached on the roof with VHB tape and a simple aluminum bracket. The system is permanently wired and all I have to do to use it is to turn on the power switch.

The directional antenna that came with your kit will have a slight advantage but only when directed towards the cell tower. How to find the optimal direction is difficult. Otherwise, the omnidirectional is just as effective. I did try to use one, and only once was I ever able to get a better reception with the directional antenna. Otherwise, the omnidirectional did just as good and with much less fussing.

I think the antenna that came in your kit is 75 Ohm, so the 304421 is what you want

https://www.weboost.com/products/wil...antenna-75-ohm
Re our cellular system, we went with a weBoost 4G-X base unit with a SureCall 9.5” wide band outdoor omni 3G/4G antenna and for inside the rig, a Wilson indoor directional panel antenna (model #304452). The SureCall antenna is roof mounted and is connected to the internally located weBoost unit via an ultra low loss cable.

We are more that generally happy with the system's performance. That said, at times I have wondered if I would get a reception boost if I could raise the external antenna above the roof level via a telescoping pole. I have concluded that the answer is probably 'yes' however the hassle of setting up the poles, etc. versus a permanently installed system is unattractive.
dhroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 04:17 PM   #28

Davis , California
WeBoost RV 65 Post Install

I thought to share my RV 65 Install on my 2008 27FB classic. The hardest part is not installing the booster and modern. I installed the booster by the coax cable port and placed the modem under the table. It took some time to figure out where the mast would go given the curvature of the coach. I decided to use 2ea. 4" seasucker mounts on the front of the coach as they require no drilling. Next I attached a 4"aluminum hinges and screwed them onto the seasucker mounts. I then attached the plastic mast mounts to a 1/8" thick squares aluminum plate. The plate then was attached to the other side of the hinge in opposite directions. This solves the curvature issue as the hinges straighten out. I added a 2" aluminum bar about 2" long as the top mount so the antenna would stand straight. Pics are include.
ibloise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2021, 01:48 PM   #29
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
How is it holding up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainodo View Post
I have used the suction cup antenna mount from technorv with the weboost rv65 antenna pole, but the pipe clamps were awkward and were an issue because the side of the airstreams are not exactly verticle. So I modified the techno rv suction cup with a hinge. Now I can mount the weboost pole with the built in weboost antenna mount bracket.
Just wondering how this is holding up. Are you using 2 cup mounts? And I am guessing, you're putting this on the curbside in front of the awning? Any other items attached like a wifi booster antenna? Flag Thanks for the idea. Don
Sievo4Two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 11:02 AM   #30
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sievo4Two View Post
Just wondering how this is holding up. Are you using 2 cup mounts? And I am guessing, you're putting this on the curbside in front of the awning? Any other items attached like a wifi booster antenna? Flag Thanks for the idea. Don
Hello,

I am actually not using the suction cup anymore, I noticed that there is a barely noticeable convex ring where the suction cup was placed. I am afraid that over time this could get more pronounced and may cause other physical damage. I was using the suction cup above the center line and for the base I was using the base that came with the pole with spikes to keep it in place. I am now using a aluminum pole holder that I place underneath the jack foot. I had several things on the pole, the cell booster antenna, a temp and wind gauge and our smiley flag. I eventually installed a more permanent cell booster on the roof and only put the cell booster up on the pole if a better signal is needed. I have attached pics both pole attachment methods. In the picture with the pole mount under the hitch jack you can see my cell booster antenna on the roof.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20191012_102324.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	572.4 KB
ID:	397494   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20201226_191751471.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	561.0 KB
ID:	397495  

Old 06-16-2021, 09:23 AM   #31
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brainodo View Post
Hello,

I am actually not using the suction cup anymore, I noticed that there is a barely noticeable convex ring where the suction cup was placed. I am afraid that over time this could get more pronounced and may cause other physical damage. I was using the suction cup above the center line and for the base I was using the base that came with the pole with spikes to keep it in place. I am now using a aluminum pole holder that I place underneath the jack foot. I had several things on the pole, the cell booster antenna, a temp and wind gauge and our smiley flag. I eventually installed a more permanent cell booster on the roof and only put the cell booster up on the pole if a better signal is needed. I have attached pics both pole attachment methods. In the picture with the pole mount under the hitch jack you can see my cell booster antenna on the roof.
Thank you for the photos. Which jack mount were you using? Concerning the marks caused by the suction mounts, do you think it was because of the suction or torque from the pole? Both?
Old 06-16-2021, 11:03 AM   #32
Rivet Master

2020 23' Flying Cloud
2019 22' Sport
Sebastian , Florida
I started with 1/2” square tubing that matches nicely to the Weboost supplied bracket. I added beam type clamps secured to the bottom of my driver’s side awning, with overlapping c brackets to secure my mast at the top of whichever end I am using based on reception.
Looks hokey and is fussy to use. Last trip I just set my mast in an eyebolt I installed into the rear bumper storage. (a-S supplies the hole and covers with plastic) works well enough I will probably ditch the awning brackets.
Happy camping!
GetawA-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 06:34 AM   #33
2 Rivet Member

2020 27' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Thank you for the photos. Which jack mount were you using? Concerning the marks caused by the suction mounts, do you think it was because of the suction or torque from the pole? Both?
Your Welcome.
The convex ring issue I am sure was from the suction and from just one time using it. I use this "Wheel mount stand" from atlantic flag pole. https://atlanticflagpole.com/collect...le-wheel-stand
The atlantic pole stand diameter is too large for the weboost pole so I wrap a pool noodle around the base of the weboost pole when I put the pole in the stand. The stand is very sturdy, I thought I would have bent it by now, but it is holding up very well. I also have a snap pad on the jack foot that cushions the jack foot on the stand.
Old 06-18-2021, 06:55 AM   #34
1 Rivet Member

2021 27' Flying Cloud
Denver , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibloise View Post
I thought to share my RV 65 Install on my 2008 27FB classic. The hardest part is not installing the booster and modern. I installed the booster by the coax cable port and placed the modem under the table. It took some time to figure out where the mast would go given the curvature of the coach. I decided to use 2ea. 4" seasucker mounts on the front of the coach as they require no drilling. Next I attached a 4"aluminum hinges and screwed them onto the seasucker mounts. I then attached the plastic mast mounts to a 1/8" thick squares aluminum plate. The plate then was attached to the other side of the hinge in opposite directions. This solves the curvature issue as the hinges straighten out. I added a 2" aluminum bar about 2" long as the top mount so the antenna would stand straight. Pics are include.
I like your idea. Brainodo used a similar idea but felt the technoRV suction cup was leaving a mark on the skin of the trailer. Are you experiencing this? Is the amount suction adjustable on the seasucker mounts?
Old 06-18-2021, 09:27 AM   #35

Davis , California
Quote:
I like your idea. Brainodo used a similar idea but felt the technoRV suction cup was leaving a mark on the skin of the trailer. Are you experiencing this? Is the amount suction adjustable on the seasucker mounts?
The sea sucker mounts have worked well for me. There is no deformation of the aluminum. The sea sucker mounts wil over time (> 1 week) lose a small amount of vacuum. They have a button you push in to increase vacuum if necessary. In that I always clean the seasucker and coach prior to application it has left no mark.
ibloise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2021, 02:33 PM   #36
Rivet Master

2015 23' FB International
2007 19' International CCD
Steamboat Springs , Colorado
Using Fiamma Bike rack as antenna mounting structure

For those that happen to have the Airstream Fiamma bike rack installed, I have found that using the Fiamma brackets makes a very sturdy mount without having to attach any additional holders to the side of the trailer.

You may have to purchase an additional bracket, but this arrangement gives 40" of spread between the grips. Weboost recommends 48".

Just an idea to throw in the mix.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DSC02390.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	481.4 KB
ID:	398327   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC02389.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	321.7 KB
ID:	398328  

Steamy1 is offline   Reply With Quote