Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Phone, CB & Ham Radio
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 06-15-2018, 07:49 AM   #1
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Allstays app/ How to get it?

I have a LG phone which I bought at Walmart. I don't know how to download apps. How do I do it?
Old 06-15-2018, 08:15 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2015 30' Classic
Pleasanton , California
Here's a link to show you how to download apps on your Android phone (assuming you purchased a smart phone).

However, here's another link saying that Allstays isn't available as an app on Android and gives you instructions on how to access Allstays with your phone's browser.
ProPride Hitch, 400 W Solar
alano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 08:36 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
My understanding is that they only have an app for iPhone. At least I haven't found an android app, which is frustrating.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:01 AM   #4

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
The Allstays app used to be available for Android. This is no longer true due to a dispute between Allstays and Google. Hopefully this will be rectified in the near future. You can get Allstays on the internet, but it costs $30 per year. This is more cumbersome to use on your phone. For that price and trouble, Allstays is no better than the rvparky app.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with ProPride
2020 Silverado 2500 (Vivian)
2023 Rivian R1T (Opal)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 09:02 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
The Allstays app used to be available for Android. This is no longer true due to a dispute between Allstays and Google. Hopefully this will be rectified in the near future. You can get Allstays on the internet, but it costs $30 per year. This is more cumbersome to use on your phone. For that price and trouble, Allstays is no better than the rvparky app.

Brian
Exactly my frustration. My wife wont use it on her phone while I'm driving.

"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
Old 06-15-2018, 09:28 AM   #6
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
For that price and trouble, Allstays is no better than the rvparky app.
Brian
So, How much is the rvparky app and exactly what do I have to do to get it? I know almost nothing about apps and androids.
Old 06-15-2018, 10:01 AM   #7
Rivet Master

2007 Interstate
Normal , Illinois
There should be an App Store icon on your phone.

Go to it, search for this by name, and follow the prompts to pay for it and install.

Maggie
Old 06-16-2018, 11:55 AM   #8
Rivet Master

1996 34' Excella
Elberta , Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
My understanding is that they only have an app for iPhone. At least I haven't found an android app, which is frustrating.

That's strange, I just got a new phone about a month ago and imported all off my apps. I have the Allstays app, Ann's it seems to work just fine.
With that in mind, i tried to install is on my wife's phone and it wasn't in the "Playstore"

Both of our phones are Androids

Larry
Larry C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 12:46 PM   #9
3 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
McDonough , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumatic View Post
So, How much is the rvparky app and exactly what do I have to do to get it? I know almost nothing about apps and androids.

Look at your home screen (I have a Samsung, but it should be similar) -
On mine, at the bottom there's a row of icons like "phone" "contacts" etc. Look for one labeled "Apps" (or similar) and click on it - that will bring up the list of apps on your phone.

Scroll to one called "Play Store" - that's the Google app store. Click on it.

Press the white bar at the top and type in what you're looking for - this is the play store search field. Select what you want from the list that pops up - when you click on one and open it, it will tell you if there's a fee or free.

If you find one you want, just click the install button and it will download and install the app.

I have RV Parky and Ultimate Public Campgrounds (the civilian, not the military version). I think I paid a small fee for one of them, but don't remember.

P.S. "Android" is the operating system on android phones, as is IOS on iPhones.

Hope that helps.
Kittycatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 01:46 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by alano View Post
Here's a link to show you how to download apps on your Android phone (assuming you purchased a smart phone).

However, here's another link saying that Allstays isn't available as an app on Android and gives you instructions on how to access Allstays with your phone's browser.

Not so. I have an Android phone, Samsung Galaxy and have had Allstays ap for 3 years now. It's one of the best travel aids. We use it exclusively all the time.
It's easy type in Allstays and when it comes up follow the instructions.
There are two versions, the regular and professional for truckers. Ths ts the version I chose it is more helpful with truck stops.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:38 PM   #11
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Box Elder (formerly Long Island, NY) , South Dakota
I do NOT see the AllStays Camp & RV app on the Google Play Store. Apparently, AllStays is now iOS only.
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 04:48 PM   #12
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
"From the Allstays App"
Allstays used to be available on Android as well, but it has been removed from the Play store. Don’t despair, there is a solution. Allstays is also a website that you can access for free on any web browser. Sign up for the Pro version (approx. $30) of the website, and you get added places like Elks lodges, Cracker Barrels, and RV Dumps as well as added functionality like fullscreen maps on your computer, and filter by review.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2018, 05:57 PM   #13
Rivet Master

1962 28' Ambassador
1961 19' Globetrotter
1962 26' Overlander
Mesa , Arizona
Apologies, that is from an RVTraveler site not Allstays.

Hittenstiehl
Hittenstiehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 12:34 PM   #14
Rivet Master

2017 30' Classic
Anna Maria , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY24 View Post
I do NOT see the AllStays Camp & RV app on the Google Play Store. Apparently, AllStays is now iOS only.
Google Play Store is not the only available source for Android Apps.
There are endless apps available for android directly from Ap creators.
We got our directly from AllStays.
franklyfrank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 01:02 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Quote:
Originally Posted by franklyfrank View Post
Google Play Store is not the only available source for Android Apps.
There are endless apps available for android directly from Ap creators.
We got our directly from AllStays.
Exactly how do I do that? When it comes to smart phones, I am dumb.
Old 06-17-2018, 04:40 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Quote:

Apparently there isn't an Android app version though the developer says the AllStays pro version at AllStays.com runs as a website on either phone.

Here are the FAQs:

https://www.allstays.com/apps/camprvfaq.htm
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2018, 05:10 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Apparently there isn't an Android app version though the developer says the AllStays pro version at AllStays.com runs as a website on either phone.

Here are the FAQs:

https://www.allstays.com/apps/camprvfaq.htm
Yeah, Steve, the website is very cumbersome on the phone. Wife refuses to use it.
Works great on the laptop. Dont get me started about getting wife to use laptop on phone hotspot. NOT GOING THERE. A guy who's been married 37 years knows his limitations.

Old 06-27-2018, 10:08 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Box Elder (formerly Long Island, NY) , South Dakota
There IS an AllStays PRO. It's browser-based so, you can access it on ANY smartphone OS as long as you do it through a web browser. I believe the AllStays Pro app runs about $40 for a two-year subscription. Try these links:

https://www.allstays.com/

https://www.allstays.com/pro/
NY24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:07 PM   #19
Rivet Master

2006 19' Safari SE
Tucson , Arizona
Quote:
Hey, Lumatic...looks like you are still needing help. Apparently from what others have said, Allstays is currently not available for Android phones, only iPhones. (That may change down the road when Google & Allstays stop quibbling.)

In the meantime, try the "RV Parky" app which does the same thing.

There should be an icon on your phone for "Play Store"... Open that app by screen-touching the icon.

When opened you will see a search field at the top (on our LG it says "Google Play" in that field). Type "RV Parky" in that search field and execute the search.

It should find "RV Parky" in the app store. When it does, screen touch "More Info" to get more details about the app ... Screen-touch "Install" and it will download to your phone. It looks like it's a free app. Once on your phone just screen-touch the app icon and you'll be there.

There will be other similar apps listed as well in the app store ... you may want to look through those and see if there's anything that interests you.

In general you ought to take a spin through the Play Store app options ... you can select a category of apps to search for specific services, etc...it's quite useful, and you will find a LOT of apps are free for the downloading.

Good luck!
AirForums #21900
PastPrez, 4CU/WBCCI
TBRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 03:29 PM   #20
2 Rivet Member

Southern , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry C View Post
That's strange, I just got a new phone about a month ago and imported all off my apps. I have the Allstays app, Ann's it seems to work just fine.
With that in mind, i tried to install is on my wife's phone and it wasn't in the "Playstore"

Both of our phones are Androids

Larry
As noted previously, Allstays is no longer available through the android Playstore, but it IS possible to port it to a new phone. I just did it, and the app is still supported.

You might need a separate micro SD card - go to you apps on your old phone and save everything to your SD card, including apps. (this is also a good way to get your contacts, photos etc off the cloud)
Insert the SD card in the new phone and you will be up and running. I bought the Pro app for @$10 when it was available - that could be why it ported so easily. Or maybe not.

AllStays has been my go-to app for many years. Adam Longfellow, AllStays founder, who lives in Santa Fe, has a good idea of what RV'ers need and use. One very nice feature is that you can zoom in or out on the map, and download EVERYTHING in that selection, so it is available to you offline.

I hope Adam gets his app available again, but in the meantime, it certainly looks like he's supporting the Android app.