Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-24-2019, 03:11 PM   #61
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Hilton Head Island , South Carolina
We are staying at Ivy Acres, 201 Ivy Acres Dr, Piedmont, SC 29673 (just outside of Greenville, SC). We have 14 Mbps down and 4 up.

We tested the speed on the drive from Hilton Head to Greenville and were consistently seeing download speeds in the 8 to 10 Mbps.

TOGO had been off for about a week. We flipped the on switch this morning snf by the time we were in the truck and rolling we were up and running.
TerryHHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 08:00 AM   #62

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Jacksonville , FL
Was you ever able to get the admin password? I have tried admin admin and several others but no luck so far.
JONESN4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 10:27 AM   #63
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONESN4 View Post
Was you ever able to get the admin password? I have tried admin admin and several others but no luck so far.
I know it prompts you for an admin password but according to their support department that's not how you administer the device. What they expect you to do is scan the QR code on the manual cover from whatever device you are going to use to administer the unit. Strangely you can only have ONE admin device at a time. If you want to switch, you need to deregister the first device and then register with the second. It's not all that easy so you wouldn't do it frequently.

By the way, I was able to fiddle around with mine last weekend in terms of turning off the WiFi as LAN function in order to improve throughput. The interface is set up so you select the internet source, either WIFI or cellular, and then the unit takes it from there. It doesn't automatically switch back and forth like my old WiFiRanger does. I assume, but don't know for sure, that when unit isn't getting it's internet connection from WiFi it doesn't timeshare the radio with the broadcasting it's doing inside the trailer.

Speedtest from my phone outside (also on AT&T) and this rooftop unit was about the same so that's a good sign. That might not always be true as my newer iPhone can use some of the newer bands that this unit can't. I was in an area with only a bar or two of AT&T service.
daleyocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 06:55 AM   #64

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Jacksonville , FL
TOGO login Password

daleyocum,

Thank you for your reply, I understand how to use the app, I am referring to 10.11.12.1 from a web browser. I am wanting the password for other reasons and my own security.
Old 11-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONESN4 View Post
daleyocum,

Thank you for your reply, I understand how to use the app, I am referring to 10.11.12.1 from a web browser. I am wanting the password for other reasons and my own security.
I see. You’d need to sweet talk Wineguard or Togo support out of it then. If you are successful let us know and what it gives you access to.
Old 11-09-2019, 11:50 PM   #66
Rivet Master

2011 22' Sport
Portland , Oregon
I’m glad I happened to see this thread, as I refuse to buy devices I don’t have passwords for. What happens when they stop maintaining the app? Or the app isn’t compatible with your specific device any longer? Web interfaces are universal, locking a user out of them is just bad design.
SilverHouseDreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:45 PM   #67
1 Rivet Member

Munford , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by daleyocum View Post
I know it prompts you for an admin password but according to their support department that's not how you administer the device. What they expect you to do is scan the QR code on the manual cover from whatever device you are going to use to administer the unit. Strangely you can only have ONE admin device at a time. If you want to switch, you need to deregister the first device and then register with the second. It's not all that easy so you wouldn't do it frequently.

By the way, I was able to fiddle around with mine last weekend in terms of turning off the WiFi as LAN function in order to improve throughput. The interface is set up so you select the internet source, either WIFI or cellular, and then the unit takes it from there. It doesn't automatically switch back and forth like my old WiFiRanger does. I assume, but don't know for sure, that when unit isn't getting it's internet connection from WiFi it doesn't timeshare the radio with the broadcasting it's doing inside the trailer.

Speedtest from my phone outside (also on AT&T) and this rooftop unit was about the same so that's a good sign. That might not always be true as my newer iPhone can use some of the newer bands that this unit can't. I was in an area with only a bar or two of AT&T service.
So, if you connect the ToGo to wifi does it continue to poll other wifi sources and slow things down?
RV2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #68
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV2019 View Post
So, if you connect the ToGo to wifi does it continue to poll other wifi sources and slow things down?
I don’t know why it would but that doesn’t mean it doesn’t. In my limited testing I couldn’t measure a slow down when connected to LTE.
Old 11-13-2019, 06:34 AM   #69

Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Jacksonville , FL
So update. I was able to get password into the TOGO, but don't get to excited. Even with the access it doesn't give you anymore info or settings then the app. No port forwarding or custom configurations like a standard router. So all the people out there that are trying can give up, no need to continue the search. Still loving the TOGO, it has been great so far.
Old 11-14-2019, 08:44 AM   #70
4 Rivet Member

1994 28' Excella
Manhattan , Kansas
I use a WIFI Ranger GoAc that is about three years old to connect to my TOGO and Verizon MIFI plus it will also connect to the campground WIFI. What's nice it will do load balancing between connections. Here is what WIFI Ranger says:

===============

The Multi-WAN Load Balance mode makes it possible to spread your data usage across multiple internet connections simultaneously. This feature is very useful for combining the speed and dependability from both WiFi and Cellular. In many cases, the speed of local WiFi networks is slow but the dependability is good. On the other hand, Cellular can often be less stable but much faster. With Load Balancing, the best of both WiFi and Cellular are combined for solid reliability and fast speed.
When using outdoor and indoor unit in a paired setup, Multi-WAN is even more useful, as your indoor WiFiRanger can be connected to a separate local WiFi source than your outdoor unit, giving you two WiFi Networks. This means you could have one WiFi Network as your primary, while having up to two more combined connections-- one WiFi and one Cellular.
Configuring Load Balance:
1. Select Load Balance for Multi-WAN Mode drop-down on Setup tab
2. Check Multi-WAN for each desired Internet Connector
3. Click Save
4. Connect Internet Connectors to internet on Main tab or await automatic connections

https://wifiranger.com/knowledge-bas...=kb&kbartid=48

==============
and
2017 Newmar Ventana Class A DP 7224 Payload
CWSWine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 07:15 PM   #71
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryHHI View Post
I’ve been connected to our new TOGO Internet access for about 2 hours and here’s what I know so far.

Install was done by North Trails RV. Tech that installed said he used butyl tape and screws. He said butyl tape would have probably been enough.

App and connecting was not bad but not great. The app is a little clunky and not too intuitive. But it is functional. Make sure you get the number on the SIM card. You will need them to setup service with ATT.

The ATT online portion was easy. Input the ICC and SIM numbers. Give them $360 and that’s about it.

Then back to TOGO app and connect to network. 30 minutes or so to fumble around getting all the numbers and working through the app. And then it worked.

Inside speed are consistently 14 mbps up and down. We are in Fort Myers and my ATT phone has 2 bars of coverage.

So far, I’m thrilled with TOGO.
Very interesting. Question: How did they get the 12V to it? Did they pierce a hole on your roof?
steilkurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2019, 05:44 AM   #72
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by steilkurve View Post
Very interesting. Question: How did they get the 12V to it? Did they pierce a hole on your roof?
If my memory is correct, I don’t believe they did made a new hole. I believe went in through an existing hole. The rooftop unit is located over the refrigerator. The 12 v switch is located on the wall between the refrigerator and the dinette.

Here’s a zoomed in picture of the installation. It doesn’t show enough of the access point to determine. I’m going to the trailer on Wednesday to get ready for a trip. I’ll get a better picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	A0D0109B-BDDC-45B1-90CE-3EFC36546E04.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	357455
Old 12-09-2019, 10:14 AM   #73
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
On newer trailers that don’t have solar you could also use the solar prewire Airstream installs. You’d just hook those wires (left loose in the “Rats Nest” typically, to 12v through a fuse. I drilled a new hole and use the wire gland that came with the unit and sealed with Silkaflex but going down the fridge vent is also common.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:19 AM   #74
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryHHI View Post
If my memory is correct, I don’t believe they did made a new hole. I believe went in through an existing hole. The rooftop unit is located over the refrigerator. The 12 v switch is located on the wall between the refrigerator and the dinette.

Here’s a zoomed in picture of the installation. It doesn’t show enough of the access point to determine. I’m going to the trailer on Wednesday to get ready for a trip. I’ll get a better picture.

Attachment 357455
Thanks. If you can, would love to see how they got it in.
Old 12-09-2019, 11:22 AM   #75
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
On newer trailers that don’t have solar you could also use the solar prewire Airstream installs. You’d just hook those wires (left loose in the “Rats Nest” typically, to 12v through a fuse. I drilled a new hole and use the wire gland that came with the unit and sealed with Silkaflex but going down the fridge vent is also common.
It is indeed a newer trailer with solar pre-wire but I do have solar so that’s not an option. And the fridge vent option isn’t one either for me as my 2020 Bambi 22FB has a no-vent Novakool fridge. I’ve heard of using the black tank vent but not crazy about putting a whole through that...
Old 12-09-2019, 07:51 PM   #76
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
I don’t have the same aversion to drilling wire holes that others do, so long as you use a high quality gland and Silkaflex 221 to seal it. Airstream does it all the time. I use an extra long drill bit that can go all the way through in one go.
Old 12-09-2019, 08:45 PM   #77
Rivet Master

2020 22' Bambi
2022 25' Globetrotter
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
I don’t have the same aversion to drilling wire holes that others do, so long as you use a high quality gland and Silkaflex 221 to seal it. Airstream does it all the time. I use an extra long drill bit that can go all the way through in one go.
Does it not affect your warranty?

That being said, I appreciate your courage!

Question, do you go with a gland that screws in and then use Silkaflex or do you hold in place with Silkaflex?
Old 12-10-2019, 12:18 AM   #78
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Quote:
Does it not affect your warranty?

That being said, I appreciate your courage!

Question, do you go with a gland that screws in and then use Silkaflex or do you hold in place with Silkaflex?
Sometimes I use screws but on a small one like that I’d just use VHB tape and then Silkaflex over it. AMsolar uses 3M VHB 4950 tape to attack solar panels to the roof so I use that as well.

I suppose it would effect your warranty if you had a leak at that spot but otherwise no one has ever said anything.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:05 AM   #79
1 Rivet Member

1975 31' Excella 500
Midwest , Indiana
Togo Roadlink

I contacted Togo and they said that the Togo Roadlink would not work for an aluminum skinned RV.

Here is the reply I got from Erica:
"The Roadlink is not ideal for an all metal RV body like an Airstream, but don't worry, we have a similar unit that is sold exclusively thru Airstream and their authorized dealers!"

Anybody having any issues with getting service? The price savings alone is incredible compared to what the Airstream Connected would be.

I am just a little nervous about buying something and it not working.

Thanks.
merryweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:35 AM   #80
2 Rivet Member

2022 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by merryweather View Post

I am just a little nervous about buying something and it not working.

Thanks.
I was a little nervous before we purchased our system. I couldn’t find anyone that had actually used one on an Airstream. So far, we have had nothing but good luck. I try to post speeds from our campsites to give everyone an idea of how it is working. It has been fast enough for us to stream Netflix whenever we want.

I’ve found about the same download and upload speeds whether I’m inside the AS or sitting outside and only a slight drop off when using it in our tow vehicle. I’m guessing this is distance related.

I’ve not read about anyone having speed issues with an aluminum skinned trailer. Maybe someone else has had a different experience.

We are happy we decided to use Togo for our Internet access.

« Internet | Top | Satellite »