RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 12-10-2019, 05:32 PM   #81
2 Rivet Member

Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by merryweather View Post
I contacted Togo and they said that the Togo Roadlink would not work for an aluminum skinned RV.

Here is the reply I got from Erica:
"The Roadlink is not ideal for an all metal RV body like an Airstream, but don't worry, we have a similar unit that is sold exclusively thru Airstream and their authorized dealers!"

Anybody having any issues with getting service? The price savings alone is incredible compared to what the Airstream Connected would be.

I am just a little nervous about buying something and it not working.

Thanks.
I installed mine on the roof of my Airstream, after testing it sitting in place. Works fine through the metal roof, same as immediately outside the unit. This past weekend at Lake Texana, I was getting 50-60Mbps up and down, very nice!
davloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2019, 11:30 PM   #82
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Itís been working fine for me as well. The WiFi is full four bars everywhere inside the trailer and outside nearby. While I can see in theory the aluminum would degrade the WiFi signal but in practice it just doesnít work out that way.
daleyocum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 02:06 PM   #83
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' International
Hilton Head Island , South Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by steilkurve View Post
Thanks. If you can, would love to see how they got it in.
Hi steilkurve,

Hereís as a picture I could get with my selfie stick (forgot the stepladder). It looks like they went in the refrigerator vent. I thought that was what the technician told me but I wasnít sure.

Click image for larger version

Name:	9B2A82E9-491E-40ED-A1C2-B7F9AAE011CB.jpeg
Views:	21
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	357551

In the storage lot on Bluffton, SC Iím getting 25.7 mbps down and 15.2 up inside the trailer and outside Iím getting 48.7 down and 18.7 up. Thatís a larger difference then Iíve experienced in other locations.

Terry
TerryHHI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 09:24 PM   #84
4 Rivet Member

2020 22' Bambi
St-Laurent , Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryHHI View Post
Hi steilkurve,

Hereís as a picture I could get with my selfie stick (forgot the stepladder). It looks like they went in the refrigerator vent. I thought that was what the technician told me but I wasnít sure.

Attachment 357551

In the storage lot on Bluffton, SC Iím getting 25.7 mbps down and 15.2 up inside the trailer and outside Iím getting 48.7 down and 18.7 up. Thatís a larger difference then Iíve experienced in other locations.

Terry
Ok. Tx
steilkurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 04:15 PM   #85
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
TOGO Plan canceled!

Well, this is quite the disappointment. I would use stronger language but this is a family forum. AT&T has pulled the plug on this $30 unlimited plan for both TOGO and Airstream connect! And, currently, existing customers won't be grandfathered in!!!

For those who just paid a lot of money to have the Airstream connect installed or, like me, a fair amount to install a TOGO this is quite the slap in the face. Hopefully cooler heads will prevail and this get's reconsidered.

IF YOU HAVEN"T YET PURCHASED AND INSTALLED A TOGO OR AIRSTREAM CONNECT, KNOW THAT IT'S A ONE YEAR THING.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/ale...ary-16th-2020/
Old 12-18-2019, 04:52 PM   #86
Rivet Master

2012 27' Flying Cloud
W , New England
Wow....

Well - one less thing on my ticklist for the factory this summer....

AT&T should be ashamed of themselves. They guessed wrong so going forward they donít want to do a plan thatís a money drain. But you enticed customers based in an expectation - the VERY LEAST they could do is grandfather current customers as a demonstration of good faith.

Disgusting quite frankly.....not a surprise, but disgusting nonetheless.....
SteveSueMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 06:25 PM   #87

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveSueMac View Post
Wow....

Well - one less thing on my ticklist for the factory this summer....

AT&T should be ashamed of themselves. They guessed wrong so going forward they donít want to do a plan thatís a money drain. But you enticed customers based in an expectation - the VERY LEAST they could do is grandfather current customers as a demonstration of good faith.

Disgusting quite frankly.....not a surprise, but disgusting nonetheless.....
If T-Mo gets a bunch of 600mhz coverage out in the boonies they're going to be a much better choice than AT&T anyway. Hopefully it'll cost AT&T a few customers for their bad behavior.

Zero Gravitas ó 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ó Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2019, 10:13 AM   #88
Rivet Master

2018 25' Flying Cloud
Portland , Oregon
Instructions for getting the admin password for TOGOs, which are needed to use them with other carriers, have been posted at https://help.runswithtogo.com/find-my-mac-number

This isn’t urgent but as long as your plan is still working, of course.
Old 12-27-2019, 10:17 AM   #89
1 Rivet Member

Munford , Tennessee
Does anyone have info on TravelData?
https://traveldata.page

$49/month for unlimited data. Nothing on the website says anything about carrier. It does say it is un-throttled. I sent them an email to see if their service would work with the ToGo and their response was that I'd need their SIM card. Would need one anyway for whatever service was used.

One can also pause this service so you pay for only the months needed. They did say in the email that partial months could not be done so if you use it a day in the month you pay for the month.

I really wanted the Togo but the loss of the plan makes me rethink it. $700 for only 1 year unlimited (Togo and plan) is expensive when one doesn't full time in the RV. $360 or so in future years would be OK but now what does one do next year? I saw the TravelData plan mentioned on the RVMobileInternet site. I'd assume it is legit but their webpage does not give a lot of information.
RV2019 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 05:06 PM   #90

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Alamo Heights , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by RV2019 View Post
Does anyone have info on TravelData?
https://traveldata.page

$49/month for unlimited data. Nothing on the website says anything about carrier. It does say it is un-throttled. I sent them an email to see if their service would work with the ToGo and their response was that I'd need their SIM card. Would need one anyway for whatever service was used.

One can also pause this service so you pay for only the months needed. They did say in the email that partial months could not be done so if you use it a day in the month you pay for the month.

I really wanted the Togo but the loss of the plan makes me rethink it. $700 for only 1 year unlimited (Togo and plan) is expensive when one doesn't full time in the RV. $360 or so in future years would be OK but now what does one do next year? I saw the TravelData plan mentioned on the RVMobileInternet site. I'd assume it is legit but their webpage does not give a lot of information.
If you look in detail at their website, each of their plans comes with an AT&T SIM so that's who they're using.

Zero Gravitas ó 2017 Flying Cloud 26U | WBCCI# 15566

He has all of the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ó Sir Winston Churchill
DKB_SATX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2019, 05:14 PM   #91
1 Rivet Member

Munford , Tennessee
Thanks. Is there a website that discusses these alternate data companies? RVMobileInternet only gave a list.
RV2019 is offline   Reply With Quote

« Internet | Top | Satellite »