Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2007, 07:07 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
North East , Texas
Satellite/IN problems

Hello,

I have a 2005 Safari 25SS. I am having trouble with the outside SAT/IN connection. When I hook my receiver up direct it works fine, but when I use the outside connection, no signal. The circuit seems to be open. I have a jumper below my dinette that is labled SAT/Cable IN and SAT/Cable Out, the two are connected with a small jumper. I have tried to hook the cable going to the dish in both of these locations with no avail.

I hope I don't have to put a coax cable accross the floor for my week long trip.
If anyone has experienced this problem please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ty
Old_Town is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:27 AM   #2
Cyclist

2007 28' International CCD
Windermere , Florida
Coaxial should run from SAT/IN to receiver The receiver has different inputs for satellite and cable. Avoid splitters and connectors. Make sure you have satellite grade coaxial wire. Output coaxial goes to SAT/OUT. Make sure receiver and TV are both on channel 3 or 4 for satellite.
henw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
North East , Texas
Thanks for the reply. The satellite works fine when connected to the receiver(not using the outside connection mounted in the weatherproof box)

I was under the assumption the the outside coax connection was continuous to the outlet mounted in the cabinet, where the TV jack is (and where I would like to mount my SAT recevier.

It seems that the wire from the weatherproof box on the outside of the trailer(SAT/IN) is open.

I hope all of this makes sense.

Thanks,
Ty
Old 06-08-2007, 09:11 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
Good a.m. I have had the same problem....actually every time I go out on a trip and try to connect my dish. The connection is possible; you do not need to run a separate coax.

If I were closer to my trailer, I would go and look at my diagram which I made for myself because I cannot remember how to do the deed every time.

Experiment!! The little jumper under the credenza has to be changed because I believe that the TV booster not only has to be OFF but isolated...

Bypass the booster. Good Luck

2002 Classic 25'
2003 Expedition EB 5.4L, AWD, AdvanceTrac Class IV hitch pkg. Reese dual cam/Prodigy
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 09:15 AM   #5
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
North East , Texas
Thanks for the reply. I will try the plug and play and post the results. I have a "Toner" kit here and I will hopefully know something by this afternoon.

Regards,
Ty
Old 06-08-2007, 10:35 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2002 25' Classic
Oro Valley , Arizona
What is a "Toner kit"? That little jumper cable and its connections are a bear to unscrew and and reattach.

Kistler
Kistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2007, 11:01 AM   #7
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
North East , Texas
A toner and probe are for finding wires. The Toner attaches to the wire and sends a signal that is picked up by the probe. Whent the wire is contacted the probe will beep.

-Ty
Old 06-08-2007, 09:11 PM   #8
2 Rivet Member

2005 25' Safari
North East , Texas
*****UPDATE*****

I got it working tonight. I was trying to put the satellite receiver in the cabinet closest to the TV. Therein lies the problem. The wiring for that location does not exist.

I hooked it up as follows:

With the 2" long factory jumper removed

on the face plate with two outputs (sat/in) (sat/out) I ran two 3' coax cables up to the dinette. I used 90 degree coax fitting to make the cable lay flat against the wall.

Next I plugged the cables in the the sat/in out to tv terminals on the receiver.

Then I hook the satellite to the outside connection.

It came on and worked fine.

All this time I was expecting there to be a splitter somewhere that would put the "out to TV wire in the adjacent cabinet.

Thanks for all the help you all offered.

Have a good weekend,

Ty