Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Computers, Internet & Satellite
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #21
Rivet Master

1979 31' Sovereign
1950 22' Liner
Powhatan , Virginia
Congrats! I was going to weight in as well but looks like you have decided and purchased.

I, as well, would have said Mac. I have been working both platforms for many years in Graphic Design. At home, I have had a Mac of some kind since 1994. I currently have a 2 year old Mac Mini that is perfect so far. I have had a PC since 2002 (dual setup with Mac). The PC was purchased so I could webmaster a very large PC run site but if I did it over again, I would have used bootcamp instead. The PC's I have had pretty much has to be re-formatted every year with all of the bugs it collects (and we only web browse on the mac to try and keep the bugs down). Now I just use the PC to game and allow me to have a CD/DVD drive that accepts the mini discs from our camcorder which I transfer over the network to the mac to edit.
Bowmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 07:58 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2007 25' International CCD FB
Holladay , Utah
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomR View Post
What has been your experience? Those who maintain two systems or those who have made the change from PC to Mac? Thanks...Tom R
I have always been a PC man, both at work and at home. When my desktop was choked to death by viruses, my son and brother in law convinced my to replace it with a Mac. That was a year ago. I'll never go back to the PC. The Mac is so reliable, and comes with most of the software you need. I bought the Mac equivalent of MS Office for $80 and like it better. I have not bought any other software for it. I also bought the Apple Time Machine, which is my wireless router and data backup. It runs my home network, which includes my IBM Think Pad laptop. I run two different printers in my home network, and both computers access them without a problem. My old wireless router was a real PITA, and the Time Machine has not failed us even once. I will buy a Mac Laptop to replace my IBM PC as soon as the viruses kill it.

Take the plunge, you won't regret it.
FlashSilver is offline   Reply With Quote