Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Computers, Internet & Satellite
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2022, 08:56 PM   #101
r3z
2 Rivet Member

Los Angeles , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstefanic View Post
What is the difference from a usage perspective between the stick AS antenna and the 7 cable in the Parsec Husky Pro? For the average user is the five lead stock Santana good enough with the Pepwave transit Pro?
Yes. The 5 that Airstream provides is enough. The other 2 are for Wi-Fi that you can keep using the antennas directly in the modem.

There is a post above — #91 that lists the purpose for each wire.
r3z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 06:55 AM   #102
3 Rivet Member

2021 25' Globetrotter
Kinnelon , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMHM View Post
The cables are all Color coded (green for wifi, brown for cellular and blue for gps). I tested every single connection multiple times before sealing the antenna.

The modem works fine. Since there are 4 SIM card slots and I only use 2, the additional two antenna ports were redundant. I however attached the factory plastic antennas in those two ports.

So far everything is working fine!
Thank you for this. I am thinking of doing this on my 2021 GT 25FBT. Do you have to splice the wires or do the connections on the Airstream plug right into the antenna wires?
Jason P M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 08:49 AM   #103
3 Rivet Member

2021 Interstate 24GL
, California
5:1 antenna / with 7:1 router

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1000pre View Post
The issue with the phones is the lack of antennas. Back in the day, our cell phones had antenna’s being there was a lack of cell towers. If you can get a similar signal with your phone and router, the phone will be faster. The providers give cell phones priority. The booster boosts the signal, where the MIMO only receives a signal. Our boondocking, there was still a hooks signal for the MIMO to access where the phone lacking antennas, or just being inside could not. If you were far enough out where you couldn’t receive a signal on either, that’s where the booster shines. I spent a lot of time working through this with MMH.
With each specific router ( at least with Pepwave ) there is a mandatory rooftop antennae install connection required vs using small paddle antenna.
There was a marked difference for me using what I thought would be best connection vs following pepwaves instructions w/ my specific model of router

link / instructions were on TecnoRV site or Pepwave forum This link explains my basic idea in more detail and has screen grab of release notes to explain each router sub model

https://forum.peplink.com/t/5g-route...na-ports/39631
3OnOurWay is offline   Reply With Quote