Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Computers, Internet & Satellite
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-14-2021, 08:47 AM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
Hillsborough , North Carolina
Moving SIM cards between Pepwave and MIFI

Any done much moving SIM cards between the Hotspots MIFI type devices and their Pepwave router?

I am wondering how easy it is to move SIM cards "back and forth" between MIFI type Hotspots and a Pepwave.

I suspect they use different size SIM cards and might require an adapter to move back and forth.

Plus, does it require re-registraiton with the new IMEI each time?

The reason I want to move back and forth:
To Use AT&T, VzW and T-Mobile data plans.

If T-Mobile has 600 MHz coverage, then that 5G is great.

In other areas, it is a toss up between whether AT&T and VzW has the better coverage.

The MIFI's are so easy just to turn on and see who has the best coverage, then start working on directional antenna when needed.
GeeSag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 09:01 PM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
St. Marys , Georgia
We transferred Verizon mifi SIM to Pepwave using adapter but this must be done carefully to avoid jamming. I would not transfer back and forth repeatedly since distortion is inevitable. The SIM worked immediately without registration with Verizon.
peggy2ten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 03:45 PM   #3
2 Rivet Member

2021 33FB Classic
FRISCO , TX
Just did the same with a T-Mobile sim...works great. Just be sure to possibly wait 4-5 mins for the Pepwave to see the new sim.
Old 06-04-2021, 04:10 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
2021 Atlas
Charlotte , North Carolina
I bought adapters on Amazon, they are cheap. But SIMs don’t ‘stick’ when used with an adapter, they want to fall out or slide out. They work but they don’t go in and out easily always. One sim in the Pepwave is upside down and the other right side up on my model so I turn the router over to get it in so it doesn’t fall out of the adapter.

I have att and T-Mobile in mine. I have a Jetpack with Verizon and if I need to use that, the Jetpack has mimo antenna ports and I use that one as is. Because Verizon is so expensive, it is my backup.
LilPeanut is offline   Reply With Quote