RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×

Old 01-04-2020, 10:02 AM   #61
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven62 View Post
Gypsydad

If you look at the pictures one is of the MEID that is a cellphone serial number, the Mobile Equipmeint Identifier. If you have a 4G smartphone and go to about phone In settings will see each 4G device has one. A jetpack in addition to receiving the internet from the wireless carrier acts as a router allowing more then one device to share the internet access from the wireless carrier. You can connect a laptop, Apple TV or a printer to a jetpack it acts as a wireless router. I could be wrong happens all the time!

Love San Diego and sold a lot of smartphones with SnapDragon processors.
Thanks; I understand that. Just looks like this unit works without adding another line/contract with a specific carrier? My question is more about what is the value if so...unless it improves signal. I can turn on my Galaxy 10+ hotspot feature and do the same thing, right (TV, computer, etc..)? If this unit improves coverage without needing another SIM card from a carrier, could be interesting addition?
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2020, 11:53 AM   #62
Journeyman

2016 25' International
Deerfield , Massachusetts
The WeBoost works incredibly well (far exceeding my expectations).

I am working on a lengthy and detailed view of the WeBoost install on my Airstream. One more video to go, but here is the playlist!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...syBJYTRjPSHei1

Some (hopefully useful) Airstream videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/journeymanvideos
thiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:05 AM   #63
2 Rivet Member

2017 25' Flying Cloud
Manchester , New Hampshire
Letís forget about my argument that it requires another line of service.

You canít amplify a signal that isnít there. A device that sits inside the Airstream without an antenna outside the Airstream will not boost signal.

Putting your Samsung in your skylight on the shade while using it as a hotspot costs nothing and gets it outside and above the metal structure we sometimes call home.
Steven62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 07:55 AM   #64
4 Rivet Member

2018 28' Flying Cloud
Clayton , Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiel View Post
The WeBoost works incredibly well (far exceeding my expectations).

We are also happy with the WeBoost, use it for phone, internet, and most recently to stream video to the TV via Roku. Only bummer is when the Verizon Unlimited Data hits it's limit of 15 Mb and starts being throttled. Then we found that the free wifi at restaurants is great for downloading video to the iPhone to later watch on the TV using an HDMI cable and Apple Lightning to AV adapter.

Then there's books - we always bring a good supply with us....
TV: 2017 Ford F250 Lariat w/ Blue Ox Sway Pro
AIRForums #126944 WBCCI #1297
Baby Zeppelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 08:57 AM   #65
Rivet Master

2017 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' FB Flying Cloud
2008 25' Safari FB SE
Georgetown (winter)Thayne (summer) , Texas & Wyoming
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby Zeppelin View Post
We are also happy with the WeBoost, use it for phone, internet, and most recently to stream video to the TV via Roku. Only bummer is when the Verizon Unlimited Data hits it's limit of 15 Mb and starts being throttled. Then we found that the free wifi at restaurants is great for downloading video to the iPhone to later watch on the TV using an HDMI cable and Apple Lightning to AV adapter.

Then there's books - we always bring a good supply with us....
Well, when you run out of books, there's always the weather...always changing! In spring, the grass...don't forget the grass!

All good suggestions in this thread..hadn't thought about putting my Samsung on the skylight shade; wonder which direction I should face it?? LoL

Seriously, to me it looks like the adjustible flagpole with a directional antenna on the end may be the solution for me, with the WeBoost....I just need to run the line inside thru one of the outside panels to the WeBoost I guess, and plug into an outlet and try this out. At Alumalina, couple folks had the window mount directional antenna with Verizon hotspots that they said worked pretty well also, but the guys with the antenna's on a pole all said they worked well.
Summer-Star Valley Ranch RV Resort (Thayne, WY); Winter-Sun City (Georgetown,TX)
gypsydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 10:45 AM   #66
4 Rivet Member

2020 25' Globetrotter
Malibu , California
Like the Weboost and pole but may get flat wire and run inside when needed so no holes. I plan to use at home when power is out for weak cell signal at home (have to use Wifi for cell) so portable Weboost for me. Will try cell hotspot and downloaded entertainment first (books and conversations as well).
Garfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 07:42 PM   #67
2 Rivet Member

2019 22' Sport
Waynesville , Missouri
Pictures for Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringDan View Post
DAVSCH- Could you please post a photo of your setup sometime?

Maggie- Thanks for your help.

Dan
Dan- Sorry this took time to get to you. I had to reassemble this on the floor and shoot a couple of photos. I had everything disassembled for winter. I hope they post here. ???
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9226A638-198B-4601-989A-DC0B675C3F6B.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	280.4 KB
ID:	358901   Click image for larger version

Name:	DFBF7C8E-0712-4EC4-B5FA-2249132F4E2F.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	297.0 KB
ID:	358902  

DAVSCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 05:14 PM   #68
Wolfwhistle

Margaritaville , Banana Republic
Very complicate subject. Best source for latest https://www.rvmobileinternet.com/
Old 01-12-2020, 08:51 AM   #69
Wolfwhistle

Margaritaville , Banana Republic
Some things I have learned. A booster such as Weboost might need a directional antenna which is then pointed. I also have an Omnidirectional. 2) I have not found an app or information that works very well certainly not dependable enough. So, I run a speed test (do not go by bars) and repeat until itís good enough or best . 3) If only using a MIMO antenna works, you can attain higher speeds with a weaker signal than with a booster. A booster shines when there is very little signal just to get something that works. 4) Interior antenna if too close to outside antenna will cause oscillation at which time the booster reduces power to stop that. I find a very short range interior works best for me. I place my Verizon MIFI on it and enable WIFI calling works most of the time. No oscillation and the booster stays at max power. I have a 30GB prepaid data only plan and love it. Pics is in toyhauler but moves to AS
WW
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	27D0C2A4-2D2B-417D-B44E-F90C7BBFA3D4.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	199.5 KB
ID:	359011  
Fair_Enough is offline   Reply With Quote