Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Computers, Internet & Satellite
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-17-2020, 06:52 AM   #41
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Mitchell , South Dakota
We are headed out for a week trip and had our trailer home prepping it. I was able to see multiple neighbors networks as well as our home WiFi. I connected to ours but didn't have time to play with the app. Hopefully the RV park has WiFi and I can work with it more extensively. May need to pester you for guidance!!
Soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 10:40 AM   #42
Rivet Master

2019 25' International
Providence , Senior Electrical Engineer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soready View Post
We are headed out for a week trip and had our trailer home prepping it. I was able to see multiple neighbors networks as well as our home WiFi. I connected to ours but didn't have time to play with the app. Hopefully the RV park has WiFi and I can work with it more extensively. May need to pester you for guidance!!
Yes, but the point is that the BR1-mini has a hard time switching between WIFI and cellular at the same time.....basically lousy service and experience when WIFI is turned on and/or using camp wifi.

The point of the update was to allow the USER to turn it off and use the cellular side only so you have better transfer rates (assuming you are in a decent AT&T area) vs. it polling between the two causing dropouts and generally piss poor performance.

Airstream was/is bombarded with having to disable WIFI on their side and the customer has to call it in (unless they did it by default > which in the beginning WIFI was always on) to have them disable wifi.........that is what the early adopters had to contend with......I believe this update is meant to remove the burden from Airstream and allow you do to do it yourself without providing access to the router admin panel of the router itself.......which is a major clusterF on their part....but that is another story.

In our case, we leave wifi off and use the cellular side only as intended. YMMV.
kittmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 07:03 AM   #43
2 Rivet Member

2016 27' International
San Anselmo , California
Yes! AT&T and Airstream would love to walk away from this terribly failed sales promotion, leaving us to purchase expensive antenna hardware, encumber installation labor costs, and then leave their "valued" customers with hobbled modems and soon to be dropped plans. This firmware update debacle represents corporate handwashing. Now, the ability to turn on the simultaneous poor RV park wifi and cellular data returns to our hands to control, using modems poorly thought out for these functions.

Let's see if, in time, Starlink will improve AT&T's bottom line?
ondaroadagin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 11:51 AM   #44
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by ondaroadagin View Post
Yes! AT&T and Airstream would love to walk away from this terribly failed sales promotion, leaving us to purchase expensive antenna hardware, encumber installation labor costs, and then leave their "valued" customers with hobbled modems and soon to be dropped plans. This firmware update debacle represents corporate handwashing. Now, the ability to turn on the simultaneous poor RV park wifi and cellular data returns to our hands to control, using modems poorly thought out for these functions.

Let's see if, in time, Starlink will improve AT&T's bottom line?
I agee with your last line!

There are more features to the app (if it worked) then you may realise. For Classic owners it will send an alarm (notification to phone) if there are issues with full tank ( Grey or black) or empty tanks (fresh) water). It also will alarm if your LP tank is approaching empty. I would imagine this is true of the battery voltage.

The ability to shut off campground WiFi is of course the big one. I travelled for 6 months and seldom was without good cellular, but when we did not have cellular, it would have been nice to use the campgrounds WiFi. With no good cellular plans available, this ability to switch to the campgrounds WiFi is could mean you could save bandwidth on your limited cellular plan.

Airstream intended reason for providing this I'm sure was to avoid the many calls they receive to switch on or off the campground WiFi. The result was a very usefull feature for us. Hows that for glass half empty or half full!

x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\101970\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\x/x\/x\x/x\x/x
Tom & Doty
2019 Airstream Classic 30 Twin
turk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 08:39 PM   #45
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Wherever I may roam , America
Quote:
Originally Posted by J-squared View Post
I can't sign in to the app.

The updated iPhone app for Airstream Connected will not allow me to sign in.

I get as far as the sign in page, then key in my user ID and password.

I expected to be able to press the lower portion of the screen at the "Sign In" button; however, it remains "grayed-out" and unresponsive.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?

Same problem here. Tried password reset link and it didn’t send me a link.
johnparris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 04:25 AM   #46
2 Rivet Member

2019 33' Classic
Crestivew , Florida
Login

I had similar issue when I loaded new app 2.053 I eventually had to login to local Airstream network(Make sure it’s connected to cell network) on my iPhone then try and request a password reset. Note I had a working link prior to new app. It would not work with old password - I ended up setting 8 characters upper and lower and numbers only - no special characters and was able to login. Seems to be different answers for every bodies. Once I login I’m fine but if I ever log out of app within the app I have to rest my password. Quirky at best. App doesn’t see my router or cell but I can remote into trailer locally and from away from it on remote network, yet Jackson can’t see my system
zims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2020, 11:28 AM   #47
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
Quote:
Originally Posted by zims View Post
It would not work with old password - I ended up setting 8 characters upper and lower and numbers only - no special characters and was able to login.

I had a suspicion they changed the password verification / requirements and the new app wasn’t allowing the old password due to validation failure. That’s why I tried the reset link, but never received it. I’ll try on the old version and see if it works there so I can change the pass and try the new app afterwards. Maybe... sounds like it’s still somewhat broken. Software is hard. It’s what I do for a living, but it still bums me out they’re having these sorts of issues in production.
Old 07-21-2020, 04:10 PM   #48
2 Rivet Member

2020 30' Classic
Mitchell , South Dakota
I am on Android and updated the app several days ago. I had to sign in after the update but my existing sign in information worked. I have been playing with the app the last few days while we are camping. Seems to be working OK a little quirky at times. Need to close the app and restart at occasionally but i am able to control the air conditioners, awning, inverter, lights. It throws alarms on tire pressure so that works. Monitors are tracking with the Czone panel. The router button is active when wifi is on.
Soready is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 10:51 PM   #49
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Saint Johns , Florida
My app has not worked at all since the upgrade. I called Airstream support who advised it is not working for anyone and the developers are working on a new release to fix it. Is this accurate?
TheCols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 06:09 AM   #50
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCols View Post
My app has not worked at all since the upgrade. I called Airstream support who advised it is not working for anyone and the developers are working on a new release to fix it. Is this accurate?
Yes.

Tom & Doty
Old 07-23-2020, 07:47 AM   #51
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Saint Johns , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by turk123 View Post
Yes.

Thanks.
Old 07-23-2020, 08:37 AM   #52
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Classic
Livingston , Texas
We have a 2019 33' and began having issues again in the Smart App not being able to control any functions. We could see them but unable to control. Three weeks went by and relocated to Vt. and we noticed the new app update and was able to log back in to the app with no problem. All phases work except connecting into the camper to see any functions. It says our camper is offline. Both on apple and android phones. We can see all other functions in app except control and monitor. Very frustrating as we have received no notifixations from AS.

We have noted a better wifi signal in the coach since the app change and likely router update.
Karen-Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:18 AM   #53
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Jason just told me the update will be out today.

Version 2.1. (2.0.54). Start looking for it now.

Solved the login problems. Fixed my awning control and other things. Hope I can see router as local!

Tom & Doty
Old 07-24-2020, 04:22 PM   #54
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
The update is out (2.1) and works well for me! Solved my awning issues and allows me to see the local router when in the trailer.

Download the app and you should have already received the update for the trailer. If you have your Peplink turned off, turn it back on to receive the firmware update for it.

Interested in learning how well this works for everyone.

Tom & Doty
Old 07-25-2020, 08:15 AM   #55
2 Rivet Member

2019 30' Classic
The latest update works for me too. Yay! I have had it crash twice when the mobile connection was down but overall it’s working better than before.
Old 07-25-2020, 08:39 AM   #56
Rivet Master

2019 27' International
Western NC , North Carolina
Ditto
JonDNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 09:31 AM   #57
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Delray Beach , Florida
Go, No Go?

Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljhale View Post
Just when I was resigned to write off the very expensive Airstream Connected hardware I had installed in my Sport 22FB just over 51 weeks ago, Airstream has this afternoon pushed new firmware to the router and has updated the Airstream Connected app. Up until now, we've had to call Jackson Center to have campground wifi turned off so that our AT&T connections didn't bog down. Now, according to what I'm seeing on the app, we can control that ourselves. I got the email from Airstream a little over an hour ago. I have to say, my connection now feels faster, but it could be my imagination. I'm posting this as a new thread because I'm six days from the end of my year of prepaid unlimited Airstream Connected service with AT&T, and I want you guys to vet what I think I'm seeing. Being able to turn on or off campground wifi could make one of AT&T's (very expensive) new plans worthwhile. Thoughts?
I’m on my way to Jackson Center and while there I was going to have them install Airstream Connected, but after reading this posts, I’m wondering if I’m making a mistake. So my question is do I buy it, or should I take a pass? Thanks.
time2travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2020, 02:53 PM   #58
2 Rivet Member

2020 33' Classic
Saint Johns , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by time2travel View Post
I’m on my way to Jackson Center and while there I was going to have them install Airstream Connected, but after reading this posts, I’m wondering if I’m making a mistake. So my question is do I buy it, or should I take a pass? Thanks.

I just installed the new update, rebooted the router, and it still does not work. Honestly, how Airstream handled this update is negligent. No notifications, just push a update that literally breaks their entire customer base and then role a new one which still leaves customers not working, and again, not a word of communication from Airstream. Horrible horrible IT management and execution.
Old 07-26-2020, 06:41 PM   #59
Rivet Master

2019 30' Classic
Canfield , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCols View Post
I just installed the new update, rebooted the router, and it still does not work. Honestly, how Airstream handled this update is negligent. No notifications, just push a update that literally breaks their entire customer base and then role a new one which still leaves customers not working, and again, not a word of communication from Airstream. Horrible horrible IT management and execution.
Call Jason. He's head of the project. Was your router on over the last few days? There was another update to the router's firmware. Oh, and by the way, Peplink has an update coming as we speak!

PM me for Jason's number.

Tom & Doty
Old 07-27-2020, 04:58 AM   #60
2 Rivet Member

2023 23' International
Dallas , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by time2travel View Post
Just before I was able to get the first firmware update and the initial version of the new app, I was literally days away from the end of my prepaid AT&T plan, and I was thinking of letting the service lapse. The ability to switch the campground wifi on and off made all the difference, and the ASC antenna seems to pick up that wifi signal significantly better than can my phone inside the Airstream. The AT&T plans are still expensive, but since I'm no longer solely dependent upon data from one of those plans, I'm glad I had Airstream Connected installed.
danieljhale is offline   Reply With Quote