Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2020, 01:42 PM   #21
2019 - 33' Classic

2019 33' Classic
Grand Junction , Colorado
Great information!

Following, thanks!
RickyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 01:46 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
Erie , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmkrum View Post
Link for the lightning to HDMI adapter, please!

Lightning Digital AV Adapter

https://store.apple.com/xc/product/MD826AM/A

This is for lighting there is a different one for USB C
Rick & Becky #28279
2018 FC27FBQ
2021 RAM 2500 Hemi 6.4
KD3OBX 146.520
cptdzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 02:38 PM   #23
3 Rivet Member

2017 27' Flying Cloud
Fernandina Beach , FL
Hotspot data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollysdad View Post
Help me learn.
Apple TV gets it's signal from another device, jetpack, router, hotspot, etc.
My phone plan has unlimited data, and is capable of being a hotspot.
However, the data used as a hotspot is not the data that's unlimited.
So when I use my phone as a hotspot, another clock is running on my data which could be billed if I exceeded my 15 gig or so of hotspot data.
Yes? No?
With our Verizon unlimited data plan, we have 15 gig of hotspot per month. Once 15 gig is used, we still have unlimited data, but at slower speeds.
Bob Peahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 09:04 PM   #24
2 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
2018 33' Classic
Weatherford , Texas
I identified this issue and shared the fix with Airstream, which is why they replaced all of the View Sonics with LG Smart Projectors. I have Direct TV Satellite, DVD player, Of course Over the Air Antenna TV, Campground provided Cable TV, Streaming via Apple TV and Airstream Connect. The two TVs (LVR and BR) are independent for source via a matrix switch; although, since I am using a single satellite receiver, and a single Apple TV....if both are selected to the same input source other than OTA/Cable, then both sees the same programming. I do not have exposed or hanging wires (all powered from the 4 outlets behind the entertainment cabinet). Using the Harmony Remote, all are functional with a single remote except the Apple TV. And of course with the Polk Audio - Satellite Sirius Radio. I am not a RV tech or Audio engineer. Anyone is capable of doing this.
I also found a software...Wondershare Video Converter Ultimate for both (Mac/PC) do the google to find it. I converted our entire DVD library (500 movies) from disk to a 5TB HD (Costco $89)...Then using the screen mirroring to the Apple TV we are able to see our own movies.

BTW I added a Cordless Dyson in the closet with a recharging outlet in the closet. (use the outlet behind the large printer to drawer to power an 8'ft extension cord routed behind the cabinet and into the closet. We love our Classic 33.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf David.pdf (4.15 MB, 12 views)
smmckean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 03:54 PM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
lake Wales , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptdzl View Post
My solution to unlimited data on my device was the purchase of an adapter cable for my phone to HDMI cable. My samsung television has the hdmi ports on the side and are easy to get to. I have an iphone and ATT with on device unlimited data. I also have an apple tv and use it to stream netflix through my netgear hotspot. This is all secondary or back up to my Dishtv system.
This is want to do. I am having my DVD player removed, and putting my Wally in its place. I want to put my Apple TV on top of the box.
Flathead1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:29 AM   #26
Steve C

2018 25' International
Petaluma , California
Apple TV

When you are using Apple TV and not on WIFI you can check on Apple TV settings to see what network you are using. If you are using the Airstream network then you are using cell data for TV. I've been using Apple TV this way for 5 months.
moby_1851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 11:34 AM   #27
Rivet Master

1967 17' Caravel
Pocatello , Idaho
Greek?

You are all speaking Greek: I'm just going to pack up a bag of paperbacks and call it good.

If I run out of books, I'll just sit outside and enjoy the view. We're supposed to be camping to get away from all of that, aren't we??! LOL! (Barring those of you who are working from your AS, of course.)

Vivian
Landshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 12:02 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Mesa , Arizona
Currently working on my own DYI version of Airstream connect
HopJockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 01:58 PM   #29
LL2
2 Rivet Member

2012 27' FB International
Spokane , Washington
Your Mobile internet resource

I have found these guys over the years to be a great source of information and they have saved me from spending money on tech that just didn't work.

https://www.rvmobileinternet.com
LL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 04:06 PM   #30
3 Rivet Member

2005 28' International CCD
San Jose via Winnepeg, Toronto, Orlando, Saratoga and Groton , California
Send a message via AIM to tyggeln Send a message via MSN to tyggeln Send a message via Yahoo to tyggeln
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63 View Post
If you have an Apple phone, try mirroring your phone to the Apple TV, I think it's called Airplay. Then play the content on your phone, and the tv will display what the phone is playing.
+1 on that.
2007 GMC Yukon XL SLT
"Where are my keys?"
tyggeln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2020, 05:58 PM   #31
4 Rivet Member

2013 20' Flying Cloud
2014 16' Sport
2019 23' Flying Cloud
Dunedin , Florida
Number one. It depends on your cell phones data package. I use my phone as a hotspot and when it gets to a certain amount of gigs use it slows down it does not cut off or cost me anything. Number two. I use that HDMI adapter. You plug it into your phone you plug the other end into the HDMI connection in your TV and some things will work. Many networks have cut off the HDMI access. But if you download it first to your phone then you can see anything. number three. If my Apple TV works as it does at home I need Internet to run it i.e. Wi-Fi. Therefore using my hotspot as a Wi-Fi connection I can run anything on my Apple TV that I want. If I really wanna be connected to watch things on the road I download my Netflix movies and prime movies before I leave. Then I can watch them without any problem as long as I have the HDMI adapter
Rosalita WBCCI #12814
Florida Unit #027, Southeastern Camping Unit #012, Florida Suncoast #129, Stella's Sisters, Grapes & Grains, Indie Streamers
Save
Native143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 07:37 PM   #32
3 Rivet Member

2020 25' Flying Cloud
lake Wales , Florida
Question? I assume Apple TV can receive mirroring thru on board internet.

Ed
Flathead1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2020, 08:19 PM   #33
Rivet Master

2021 33FB Classic
2019 30' Flying Cloud
Katy , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flathead1984 View Post
Question? I assume Apple TV can receive mirroring thru on board internet.

Ed
Yes, but with some restrictions. For example, the Netflix app does not support mirroring. All native Apple apps mirror seamlessly.
jaybauman is offline   Reply With Quote