Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-13-2017, 07:14 PM   #21
Camano Islander

2007 19' Bambi
1965 17' Caravel
Camano Island , WA
I have a 2007 Bambi and also a Tadi brothers wireless camera. How did you mount the camera inside the AS? And how is the result. Got a license plate camera but the picture is awful, red and blue.

Thanks,

ms
CamanoIsland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:07 PM   #22
3 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
RV REARVIe

I needs some advice
pkm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 06:22 PM   #23
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by pkm123 View Post
I needs some advice
Specifics?
Old 04-11-2018, 07:25 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

Durango , Colorado
Rearview Camera Systems, LLC Question

Sorry for the confusing post! I hit the wrong button and have been trying to edit it. Here is question. I purchased a rearview wifi camera system from Fred Stokes in 2015 or 2016. I originally found out about his camera system on the AS Forum. It has worked just fine but the iOS app IP Vision that was used for the monitor and available thru the app store for 9.99 is no longer supported by the latest iPhone operating system and no replacement is recommended. This was an integral part of the camera system recommended and necessary from RVCS,LLC. I cant find any contact information for RVCS,LLC and there is no manufacturing information on the camera to search for a compatible app. Has anyone had the same issue and if so what is the solution or work around. What is an app that works. I assume RVCS, LLC is no longer in business or if so I would like contact information. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Leaving on a spring camping trip tomorrow. I assume this might have been addressed in another thread but I cant find it.
Thanks,
Ken
pkm123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 04:45 AM   #25
3 Rivet Member

2001 30' Classic S/O
Leander , Texas
BC-30 inside

I installed a Garmin backup camera inside the rear window using some parts from my action cameras and have had success with it. The camera is plugged into a 12v tv plug and will broadcast about 200 feet. The transmitter lays on the bed. The camera is wide angle. This is good for backing up and not so for driving. The best thing is the camera links to my Garmin GPS which is already on the dash. The one time we had problems was caused by not removing the reflectix insulation from the front window.

Next I want to try to attach an old Android phone to the rear window and link it to my newer cell phone using my truck's wifi. There are apps for home security to try. Now if I could just remember my truck's user id, password, pin, etc....

John
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Garmin camera.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	308512  
TexAirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2018, 05:33 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2014 25' Flying Cloud
Cuddebackville , New York
I bought Fred's first system. I aim my camera out the rear window with no problem. No cutting of the screen, it sees through it fine. You just don't get night vision. Only mod was a velcro wrap to keep the rear window shade up.

As for the app, a few of us are trying Mobilink with mixed success.
Old 04-12-2018, 06:03 AM   #27
3 Rivet Member

2001 30' Classic S/O
Leander , Texas
Since we don't open the rear window, having a small amount of the screen open isn't a problem. And the camera is out of the way of the shade which is closed most of the time. Garmin has a plug between the camera and transmitter, so when we arrive the transmitter and power plug are stored until the next move.

I looked at the Android store for Mobilink and it's VOIP or check book balancers. I have tested the free "Alfred" app and it works around the house. Will test further on the next tow to see if my Chevy's wifi is strong enough. It's about 40' from my dash to the back of the TT.

I plan to attach a magnet (out of a computer hard drive) with 3M Command tape to the glass. Have a metal plate taped to back of phone. I can remove as necessary or altogether.

Any one have other apps to try?

John
TexAirS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2018, 10:08 PM   #28
2 Rivet Member

1989 34' Limited
Carmel , California
I'm thinking about picking up a Wyze cam for ~$25 and using an app called tinycam (android only) to log in to my trailers wifi and pull it up on a small tablet in the tow vehicle. I am planning on mounting it to the rear window and it has a really wide viewing angle (110 deg) and only needs usb for power.

I figure this is a cheap solution to a problem that many people have, and I will be over 50 feet long nose to tail. Plus I have the infrastructure anyways and the camera will act as a rear cam for accidents as it stores to a micro SD card on a loop.
RedBearded is offline   Reply With Quote