Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-05-2023, 12:54 PM   #1
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Williamsburg , Virginia
Video Solutions

We'll be taking delivery of a 2023 GT27, which will be lithium equipped, has two 12v TVs, but no BluRay DVD player. In our current rig, when watching TV, we've used the antenna for local channels, and the DVD player to watch a movie from a collection of DVDs that we bring. The new rig has an HDMI port, and I guess we can use a ROKU or similar device to stream where internet is available, but do I assume that without streaming-quality internet that we won't be able to watch videos?
AgBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2023, 02:41 PM   #2
Site Team

2009 25' FB International
2018 27' Globetrotter
Tavares , Florida
I often download movies on to my iPad and plug it into one of the HDMI outlets. Works well when we don't have connectivity to the www.
Hans627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 07:17 AM   #3
4 Rivet Member

2023 27' Globetrotter
Williamsburg , Virginia
I thought of that; great for movies you can pick off streaming services like Netflix, but is there an easy way to transfer the content of existing DVDs electronically?
AgBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2023, 08:23 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgBullet View Post
I thought of that; great for movies you can pick off streaming services like Netflix, but is there an easy way to transfer the content of existing DVDs electronically?
I-tunes in Apple, but why? The DVD takes up very little space and you can swap them out at home.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:17 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2016 16' Sport
Miami , Florida
You could just buy a small Portable DVD player for like 30 bucks. The stereo should have an aux RCA port for the audio.
Shiny16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:21 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny16 View Post
You could just buy a small Portable DVD player for like 30 bucks. The stereo should have an aux RCA port for the audio.
That's assuming the stereo has video from the TV.
Todays TV's rely on the HDMI to be the only source. Extra jacks take up space and cost more.
When TV shopping, stores don't have access to the back of the displays, and the salesman doesn't know anything but the size. I download the manual before buying, just to see if there's an audio and video IN/OUT. Even a headphone jack is being phased out. Samsung/LG/Visio and Sony seem to be the holdouts.
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote