Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Electronics & Connectivity > Audio, Video & TV
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-19-2015, 12:31 PM   #1
ssl

Franklin , Tennessee
TV size 1985 Sovereign 25ft.

What size tv works well in 1985 Sovereign 25 foot? I am looking at bedroom and living room area. Wall mount in bedroom and living room I am not sure. Would like to also be able to use outside. Anyone have ideas or thoughts. We are first timers. Thanks a lot.
ssl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 01:44 PM   #2
Huh?

1975 27' Overlander
Twin Cities , Minnesota
This probably not the answer you're looking for but have you ever considered doing away with that brain rotting, culture degrading, nation killing box for the the few weekends You spend in your AS per year?
Cribbage, Yahtzee, reading, writing, cooking, coloring books, singing, praying are just a few pastimes to try.
I have been without a tv for most if my life and truely believe families are smarter, closer and more blessed without one.
And now we return to our regularly scheduled programming (where someone, hopefully, will answer your question)
Ultradog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 02:15 PM   #3
The SilverSleeper

2001 28' Excella
2005 25' Classic
1988 23' Excella
Daphne , Alabama
TV in Lv area

We have a 32" in the Lv area of the 1992 classic 25 attached to the wall of the refrig. it on a swivel mount and pulls out . When closed it fits from the wall of the trailer to the edge of the frig. That's as large as you can but one there. We use Velcro straps to hug it to the wall when traveling .
Beaubill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:58 PM   #4
ssl

Franklin , Tennessee
Thank you very much. We were uncertain as to the best fit in the space. We enjoy our football and also outdoor programming especially if it rains. We do read a lot and love games but would like a tv along as well.
Old 08-20-2015, 10:21 PM   #5
ssl

Franklin , Tennessee
Our Life

Ultradog, Thank you for response and insight as to how to best spend our time camping. As I said we are newbies to this. We are a couple in our late 60's in the process of retiring. We also have several volunteer ministries we lead or support. One is a Disaster Response Team which works in conjunction with The Salvation Army. Due to this we must be able to access the weather channel especially during hurricane season. I am an R.N. who still volunteers internationally in disasters as a part of a medical detachment team. I must see the news on a regular basis. When we have some of our 10 grandchildren with us we may also watch an outdoors program, hunting or military program. My husband is a hunter and Vietnam vet and they enjoy watching these with him. We have found that with prayer and wise discernment you can find value in many things. It all depends on how it is used therefore we choose to have our TV. By the way we love games and puzzles and always have them close by. Again thanks for sharing your thoughts and happy travels.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1986 25' Sovereign
Southern Middle , Tennessee
In my '86 Sovereign 25' I have a 24" 12 volt TV on a swing away mount connected to the refrigerator bulkhead. I just swing it a little closer to the couch and feel a larger size is not needed in that area. It would also be fine in the corner bed but then a 22" would be fine there also.

AIR #0078
'01 2500hd ext. cab, 8.1 litre gas, 5 sp. Allison auto
3.73 rear end
Mag-Hytec rear diff cover
Amsoil Dual by-pass oil filtration system
Amsoil synthetics all around
265 watt AM Solar, Inc. system
davidz71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sovereign