Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2018, 01:12 PM   #1
MK1EO1

2020 28' Flying Cloud
Alamogordo , New Mexico
TV Signal

We get different available channels on front and back tv's, how possible on same antenna? 25' silvercloud.
hddeering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2002 30' Classic S/O
Fleming Island , Florida
Is the difference huge, or just a few channels? Is the problem from off-air channels, cable, or both? If your TV has a signal strength measurement buried in the menus somewhere, check the strength of signal on the better TV for channels not received on the worse TV.

Are you scanning with each TV every time you move? Even if you are, TVs do not all have the same specs. Some are more sensitive than others. With the digital signals, a very small difference in strength or sensitivity of the TV can make the difference between getting the channel and not.

Which TV is better and which is worse? The BR TV in my Safari had an extra splitter in the line to feed two outlets in the BR. That could be enough loss to cause the difference on a weak signal.

Also, fans and LED light dimmers have been shown to cause interference which might make the difference. My LR fan affects the LR TV but not the BR.

Al
2002 Classic 30 Slideout -S/OS #004
2013 Dodge 2500 Laramie 4x4 Megacab Cummins
Al and Missy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 02:26 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1973 Argosy 24
hartselle , Alabama
My rig has the same issue. I blame it on the televisions as they are not the same models. My rear television always picks up 2 to 3 channels that the front television doesnt. I installed my king jack antenna myself as well as pulling the coax, my old system was the two wire cable, so I know both are receiving the same signal. I assume the tuner in one television is a bit stronger than the other.
1973Argosy is offline   Reply With Quote