Old 03-15-2020, 01:28 PM   #21

2017 27' International
South Lake Tahoe , California
Good conversation thread. We are an Apple family so Apple TV in our AS as well. All our apps travel along with You Tube TV. Hot spot off one of our phones and it is all good.
BigLeeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:42 PM   #22
4 Rivet Member

2015 27' Flying Cloud
Washington , Washington, D.C.
In our 10 months of fulltiming, we used Dish for our TV and watched streaming video on a laptop or iPad. If your laptop has an HDMI output, it will connect up to just about all newer TVs, most of which have multiple HDMI inputs.
The limiting factor on streaming video is how much you want to pay your wireless carrier. Most “unlimited” data plans throttle back after a certain amount of data is used. We also found that certain cell sites in rural areas were often overloaded by multiple users, resulting in very slow data rates. RV parks often have explicit prohibitions on the use of their wifi for streaming video—for obvious reasons. The more sophisticated ones have wifi setups that will cut a user off if the system detects a high data throughput through a particular connection.
Dish network will run month-to-month with no connect/disconnect charge. It’s not high def, but on a small TV who cares? Our only problem is that the Dish receiver refused to operate on inverter power—only generator or shore power.
DC Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 02:53 PM   #23

2018 27' Tommy Bahama
Las vegas , Nevada
I just installed a Apple TV in my 2018 using the connections for the Samsung DVR which I removed. Since I have a wineguard wireless device I can stream any Apple TV apps directly and don’t need to mirror, might be an option.
Rainking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:44 PM   #24

2014 22' FB Sport
Austin , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliver72 View Post
We’ve done all of the above. The best solution IMHO is the Apple (brand) HDMI to LIGHTENING “dongle”.
I tend to agree this is the simplest and lowest cost approach. Plus an i-device has the storage capacity to download and hold Netflix, Amazon, etc for times when there is poor cell coverage.

We “tether” an iPad to an iPhone for streaming. Works well. Occasionally, the iPhone gets located outside for best reception.
irush is offline   Reply With Quote