Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2020, 07:12 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Wimauma , Florida
Tele

I have a 2018 33ft classic. It has the 60inch tv. I had AS install Directv. Works great. But how can i get the TV in the bedroom to play Directv? Do i need a splitter? Already an HDMI hookup installed on TV. Any help is appreciated. Of course i do not want to install another box either. Thx
BillCampbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 08:03 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2019 27' Globetrotter
Salem , Oregon
Not sure exactly what you have now. Mine came with blue ray player and a two way splitter to choose what signal I wanted.

This was not adequate for me. I added Dish network, and a media player. In order to make it all work, I added a four way hdmi splitter that had 4 in 4 out. This way I can select what input I want and what output (either tv).

The one I purchased came with a remote and a front panel so you can switch inputs and outputs from the switch itself or the remote.

I think I paid about $30.00. I can look up the details if you want. Dave
NoResults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 09:09 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2018 30' Classic
Thousand Oaks , California
Yup. We did the same but only needed two channel for either streaming from our phone or blu-ray. Basically you need an HDMI switch where the TV runs to one end and then all the HDMI inputs run into it on the other end. We have an HDMI splitter for the TVs so image will play on both TVs all the time.

Here is a quick picture. We replaced our stock DVD player with a PlayStation for streaming and blu-ray but then the PS4 went out so this is my $5 Good Will player. The 4 channel HDMI switch is the black box and remote

Click image for larger version

Name:	205338C4-87DD-44E7-9DA8-0792DD1AE7D1.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	213.9 KB
ID:	379282

Follow our adventures!
@airstreamvagabond on Instagram and YouTube
BigSxyWhtGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 07:17 AM   #4
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Wimauma , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoResults View Post
Not sure exactly what you have now. Mine came with blue ray player and a two way splitter to choose what signal I wanted.

This was not adequate for me. I added Dish network, and a media player. In order to make it all work, I added a four way hdmi splitter that had 4 in 4 out. This way I can select what input I want and what output (either tv).

The one I purchased came with a remote and a front panel so you can switch inputs and outputs from the switch itself or the remote.

I think I paid about $30.00. I can look up the details if you want. Dave
Thx. I also have the blue ray. Just cant figure the back tv to work in conjunction with directv up front? I heard about a "splitter" but was also told i may need to run a wire to back tv? Not doing that. AS has no idea how to get it going. Anything helps and thx for the quick reply.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:22 AM   #5
1 Rivet Member

2018 33' Classic
Wimauma , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSxyWhtGuy View Post
Yup. We did the same but only needed two channel for either streaming from our phone or blu-ray. Basically you need an HDMI switch where the TV runs to one end and then all the HDMI inputs run into it on the other end. We have an HDMI splitter for the TVs so image will play on both TVs all the time.

Here is a quick picture. We replaced our stock DVD player with a PlayStation for streaming and blu-ray but then the PS4 went out so this is my $5 Good Will player. The 4 channel HDMI switch is the black box and remote

Attachment 379282
Nothing wrong with my blu ray. I will check my HDMI ....i have 4 settings on it. I will try to take these suggestions. Tough im watching game on big screen and my wife gets no channels where we camp sometimes. I am going to change out back TV to one that has DVD player. That way she can at least watch movies. Lol thanks